Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694816 Views

I'm not convinced that I can see anything in there except the lips on the fronts of the sheds forming a circle, and one piece of grey straight track.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
Maybe, but you have to admit that it isn't the orange, 5 Point Tray that comes with that Bucket with the Sheds Set though...right? I also see the Black Roundness of the turn table along with what looks to be the shapes of the Tomy Track stub connectors in black in front of each shed.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
It is not orange:

[Image: th_tatameru_kikan.jpg]

It is not red (turntable) either:

[Image: th_tatameru_kikan_03.jpg]
I'm seeing one straight grey track too, but I can't believe that they used just one straight track on this display layout...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
What gives me the feeling that this is something real is that....Official Plarail Layouts don't usually have off brand items or custom made parts in their ads. Looking at the picture Mr No showed us we can see everything official Plarail parts including the to be released Mountain. Also my spider senses give me the feeling that featured item on the right is something new and the featured item on the left might also feature something new.....maybe??? The mountain does have a placard though and the item on the left has none so I am probably reading more into this than is actually there but one can dream can't one?

[Image: plarail-thomas-kyoto.jpg]
  • Mister No
Sure! And they would put new items in the front, won't they? Smile

There is also one other thing, though: they display some items so they look their best. For example, look at the Rebecca, Ashima, Diesel 10 and Connor on the right side. They are parked so that we can see their faces (looking their best), although if they come out to the loop, they would approach the Dokidoki slope from the wrong direction. But, despite that, they displayed them as they did...
Suzukawa's video on that event in Kyoto; Plarail stuff starts at 7:11.

Here are the sheds and the mysterious turntable...:

[Image: Sheds-Turntable.jpg]

I'm still not sure what to think about it ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Well Suzukawa went right to the Round Table and Sheds like it was something so there is that. Wonder what she is saying? Looking again at it....I am now wondering if the blackened area is not just a piece of paper with a piece of gray rail on top of it....that would be disappointing after all this speculation...lol. Undecided
  • Mister No
That's exactly what I think it is, a shiny black piece of thin card or plastic with a bit of a pattern around the edge and piece of grey track laid over the top. The structure is intended to be a representation of the roundhouse and turntable at the Kyoto Railway Museum which is hosting the event, with the visiting Thomas lurking in shed number 6, to which the grey straight is aligned.

Note that the male connector has been cut off the end of the grey straight, I'll bet there's a screw through the middle of the grey straight and into the baseboard so that it can be rotated by hand to line up with any of the sheds. There appear to be black JR steam locos in the other sheds, you can see the number plates on their smokebox doors in sheds 4, 5 & 7.

[Image: Untitled.png]

Suzukawa had a quick look at it and moved on very quickly, I thought.  Are the tracks and scenery at displays like this normally held down with shiny dome-headed screws the way they are here?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Bummer [Image: pouting.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
(09-16-2021, 08:05 AM)chrisjo Wrote: Are the tracks and scenery at displays like this normally held down with shiny dome-headed screws the way they are here?

Yes, they are, for some reason (stability?). I saw small shiny screws on many official Takara Tomy displays so far. They are not to be seen in the official Tomy videos, but when visitors are shooting the videos, we can see these screws. Here are the screws in a 2018 Expo video:

[Image: screws-1.jpg]

[Image: screws-2.jpg]

And you are most probably right, Chrisjo: the sheds are a representation of the big roundhouse and turntable at the museum, which originals can be seen in the first part of Suzukawa's video.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super