Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694710 Views

(10-03-2021, 12:25 AM)Mister No Wrote: These JR Kyushu Shinkansens ... now these special wishing stickers...

Doh! I only just realised that the "sticker to write a wish on" is because traditionally you wish on a Shooting Star. No doubt everyone else had figured that out already.

Anyway, check out the new-releases post above while you're here.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Now, 2021 is oficially a "Re-release Year"! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks fellas Smile

Good grief...more re-releases...I wouldn't mind it so much if they would include a re-release or an old, hard to get train once in a while too but this 'pandemic of re-releases' is boring. I am also worried of another bait and switch after watching a video of the just released (couple days ago,) of the new JR Kyushu 787 Plus 3. The gold details in the video didn't look as good in the official images. They did this same bait and switch but with an actual JR Kyushu Sweet Train Aru Ressha where the first one was featured, live, at a Plarail Expo, with the train being a shiny Gold plating but the actual train the you got was a muddled plastic flat yellow. I had pre-ordered 2 of these and they should be here by Monday so I can tell for sure. Hope I am not disappointed other wise off to EBay they go just like the 2 Sweet Trains I got before.

[Image: 10802720a.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
You're just not going to forgive them for what they did to that Arru Ressha, are you Super? : D
Please take some photos of the trains when they arrive.

In the video of that train I noticed they used the old C-battery powered two-speed-motor. Perhaps because previously released 787s were using that motor too. But that could be a good thing, it's a really good engine. I have an old Tomica World Road & Rail System Silver Streak with that motor, and it's still running very good, and speed 2 is very fast, which is appropriate for that train. Also, it's good to know they still produce that type of motor, in case replacement of motor on an older train is needed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(10-15-2021, 10:53 AM)Mister No Wrote: Now, 2021 is oficially a "Re-release Year"! Big Grin
Although they are superficially similar, I don't think the new KiHa 261 srs Super Hakuto (Big Dipper constellation) will be the same mould as the old S-40 789 srs Super Hukucho (Swan).

The window arrangement of the new model appears to be different, and apart from anything else the 261 is diesel and the 789 is electric, so the roofs wouldn't be the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(10-15-2021, 03:17 PM)Mister No Wrote: You're just not going to forgive them for what they did to that Arru Ressha, are you Super? : D
Please take some photos of the trains when they arrive.

No, I hate the Bait and Switch method, no way to treat loyal customers, I won't give them a pass. Dodgy
Sure, I can take photos but if I don't like what I see through the boxes plastic window I won't be opening one so I can sell them as New. DHL says its out for delivery.

As far as the motor goes, I would have rather had the new type of chassis so I could have put a chassis with a built in light to shine thru the clear plastic head lights and cab windows.
  • Mister No
Railroad crossing & freight train set

Scheduled to be released in December 2021
Manufacturer's suggested retail price 8,800 yen (tax included)
Uses 1 AA battery
[Image: pic_fumikirikamotsu_02.jpg][Image: pic_fumikirikamotsu_01.jpg][Image: pic_fumikirikamotsu_03.jpg][Image: pic_fumikirikamotsu_ura_01.jpg]

S-40   Round trip on rails! H5 Series Shinkansen Hayabusa

Scheduled to be released in December 2021
Manufacturer's suggested retail price 3,080 yen (tax included)

JR Hokkaido "H5 Series Shinkansen" is now available with a changeable chassis that allows you to go back and forth.

[Image: pic_s40_01.jpg]
[Image: pic_s40_02.jpg]
Click here for a list of vehicles in which you can insert that chassis.

Uses 1 AA battery
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Wow...8800yen is a bit steep for what you get here. Can't even connect Road pieces for use with motorized vehicles for an automatic play. Thanks for the heads up Mr No
  • Mister No
I would like this freight train to be sold separately ...

As for the Hayabusa, there must be many fans of Hayabusa Shinkansen at Tomy Headquarters! It's always Hayabusa! Hayabusa with RC, Hayabusa with special connectors, Hayabusa back and forth... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks Mr No
Wish I knew that they were going to come out with a separate Forward and Reverse released train before I bought the whole Sushi Delivery set I would have got this one just for the track pieces and chassis. But....why a Shinkansen...???
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No