Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694680 Views

(08-31-2022, 05:50 AM)Mister No Wrote: Apples and bananas are printed on the trucks, but I guess the customers have to apply the Thomas stickers themselves... Probably also the ones on the "cargo".

Something is genuinely wrong at TAKARA TOMY when flat pieces of plastic with pictures on them are being passed off as "cargo"... and the fact this little kids' educational set is replacing engines in the main lineup... I don't see a good future for the Thomas brand.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • Mister No, Super
(08-31-2022, 07:58 AM)Super Wrote: ....And creating and all new one with Bananas?
Sounds like a great idea, and it could have a Tarantula in it, kids would love that.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(08-31-2022, 02:07 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Can I assume all the passengers carriages on the JR Kyushu N700S Shinkansen Kamome can open and load passengers?

No, you can't. Only one carriage will open.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
This is the See inside Coach. Notice on the other coaches you can see the screw post thru the windows where the see insider has none.

[Image: 41ms1ck-GXZL-AC-SL1100.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
(08-31-2022, 06:06 PM)ThomasSirHandel Wrote: Who ever was put in charge of the Plarail line in 2020 is not very smart.

Replacing Rosie, Caitlin and Ryan with downgraded items is not a good move.

i don't recall any of the characters mentioned above in any recent Thomas and Friends TV series.  i am still disappointed Tomy hasn't release Daisy yet.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super
Oh, Daisy! It would be so nice to have a Plarail Daisy! Personally, it seems to me that all companies that produce Thomas & Friends trains are mostly concentrated on freight trains. (Except Annie & Clarabel, because they go with Thomas, so they have to produce them from time to time.)

Perhaps they think that children prefer freight trains, because they can load cargo, turn cranes, and that's fun. Perhaps Tomy thought that such a single-car passenger train would not be interesting. But on the other hand, they produce many Japanese trains (and trams) that consist of one or two passenger cars....

In any case, it would be much better to get Daisy than yet another Thomas with two trucks.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
The James can easily be turned into a standard James with a shocked face with a bit of scraping the paint and rubbing alcohol.

Rosie is a character who has been around for a while and was appearing in the show until the very end. Ryan and Caitlin also made cameos close to the end of the show and all three appeared in the final season of the show.

It's still pretty disappointing they're discontinuing characters for variants now though.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
Does the classic series still even air in Japan? Are those kids going to recognize Buzz Buzz?

At least when TrackMaster did Buzz Buzz in 2009 the classic series was still airing on Sprout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(09-07-2022, 05:39 PM)ThomasSirHandel Wrote: Are those kids going to recognize Buzz Buzz?

Well, I suppose they're going to recognize James. The sting moves up and down, I guess... It's a cool train! Even if they don't know, they can find out all about Buzz Buzz later. 😊
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
At least for me the only reason to get the new Plarail Thomas is for the new face and to save the engine for a custom.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • TheD.FusitTankerMan12