Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1698143 Views

A word about pricing.

This news release details a 10.4% price increases on Tomica (112 items) and Plarail (47 items), among others, effective 1st September.

"....due to soaring raw material costs and logistics costs due to the recent world situation, we have no choice but to implement "manufacturer's suggested retail price revision" for some products. In addition, we have already revised the price of some products from July 1st shipment, but these are different products."

For example, the s.r.p. of the two Train Suites rose from ¥5,500 to ¥6,050.

https://kyodonewsprwire.jp/prwfile/relea...pMhFq5.pdf
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thank you Dr Chris.

Of course this makes a lot of sense, I personally like it when a major company comes out and says it with a letter like this. I would also like to commend them for waiting this long to implement the increases. Tons of company's have raised their prices for more than a year if not longer, some to take advantage of the world situation to pack their pocket books, others legitimately. Thank you Plarail.Tomy/Takara for holding back 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Thomas Tomica Colorful Collections (Set of 8)
[Image: 10927323p.jpg]
[Image: 10927323p2.jpg]

Release Date : Mid Oct., 2022
6,000yen

Product details: Streamline Thomas (1), Streamline Annie (1), Streamline Clarabelle (1), Chocolate Percy (1), Working Bee James (1), Jump into space! Contains one of Kenji (1), Kirakira Thomas (1), and Rainbow Harold (1).

It's a "set of 8", but there is the following remark on Hobby Search page:

Quote:"Set of 8. Please note that you cannot necessarily get all kinds of the items in one box."
Quote:*One of the eight types is included. You can't choose the contents.

HOBBY SEARCH
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
At the TakaraTomy Mall they cost 825Y each. You can't choose which you get, and presumably you can't tell what's in a box until you open it. HobbySearch are selling eight of these blind boxes for 6000Y. Release date was 15th October.

Who can work out the probability of getting 8 different, assuming there's an infinite number of equal proportions of randomly sorted boxes to draw from?

https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810224358/
this is sort of like collecting sport cards, there is no guarantee you will get one of each. i suppose you have to buy a couple of boxes or search them on ebay or something at a later date
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Blue Kenji is something I never knew I needed.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 01:48 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sakamoto's post:
  • Super
(10-08-2022, 03:09 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Coming in December 2022:

S-39 315 Series Chuo Main Line (replaces S-39 West Express Ginga)
ES Series Nankai Rapi:t, Hinotori, Momotaro, "My Plarail Train"
ES Series Doctor Yellow entry set
Tomy's images of all these are now available at the usual places: I'm almost tempted by ES-11, I could use the Momotaro stickers on a full-length EF210.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: pic_es11_04.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
i really like the red tankers. What's with the big hole above the coupling?

The only thing i don't like about the new is the stickers. i hate applying stickers.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
They really decided to push these ES series trains. In December, as many as four trains from the ES series and only one from the S series (S-39 Series 315 Chuo Main Line).

There are too many stickers in the ES series. At least they could have made the front windows out of black plastic. (Even holes like windows would be better.)

Momotaro in S series:
[Image: f291dd4244fb44564ea289f8ac4d64b3-e1514619829746.jpg]
Momotaro in ES series:
[Image: 590cfd31e9dd6c6fd8bda010abe739b3-e1667276171888.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
(11-01-2022, 11:50 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: i really like the red tankers. What's with the big hole above the coupling?

I wondered too. Maybe they hooks fold up and out of the way but what would that prove. I have no other guesses. Wonder what the other side looks like?

And I agree, those stickers are a disaster waiting to happen for some small child....or parent for that matter. Can you picture a parent putting them on late at night Xmas Eve after a few too many Egg Nog's and the look on the poor child's face after opening up the box to see the stickers all over the place 😒
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator