Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694977 Views

Regarding stickers, windows are the worst. The small sides of the cockpit windows (and there are 4 of them) are, in my opinion, the main candidates to start peeling off first...

But I don't think you need to worry about Christmas Egg Nog disasters, the kids won't get this train until December 29th (release date)! 😁

Regarding the tanker hooks, I think you're right, Super. The product description (machine translation) says:

Quote:・Modeled after EF210 Momotaro
・It is possible to connect and disconnect each of the 3-car trains.
・Electric driving at 1 speed, hand rolling play is possible with the switch OFF
Some connecting parts are retractable, so please pull them out and connect them when playing.
・This product comes with a sticker to be affixed by the customer.
・Rails are not included.
・Some specifications of the ES series differ from existing vehicle products. <<< wonder what that means...
・Depending on the combination, the original play may not be possible. <<< ...and that too.
・[Battery] AA alkaline battery x 1 (sold separately)
Back to the stickers.

The purpose of the train "Plarail ES-12 My Plarail Train" is, obviously, for children to colour it:

[Image: a972839f9d93484ecf9d5c5ef3414ce8-1024x1024.jpg]

The children don't actually paint the train, but the stickers with which the entire train must be pasted on all sides beforehand!!
[Image: k002-e1667276961345-1024x571.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
I also find that any sticker that has to be curved around a corner is really problematic and this EF210 windshield stickers not only needs to come around a corner, this corner is sloped which is even more problematic. 😒 If I was a gambling man I would bet that we will see a lot of these EF210's with crooked, creased or misaligned front and rear windscreens.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
(11-01-2022, 11:50 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: What's with the big hole above the coupling? 

All the ES series stock has slots like that for the couplings to fold up into.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
I'm struggling to find a use for this feature, that makes it worth a giant slot in the front of every pice of rolling stock
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • Super
I guess you don't have to worry about breaking the eye hook coupling when you the trainsinto a box
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
These new red tankers are actually a decent length, in comparison with the 214mm straight they're sitting on, I'd say about 104mm, which would make them +/- the same length as an original Plarail/Tomica World etc. Annie or Clarabel:

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Good comparison, Thanks Dr Chris 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
the shorter middle carriage looks more realistic when it is coupled to mcdonald plarail engines (in terms of length dimension)
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(08-31-2022, 05:50 AM)Mister No Wrote: There is also Plarail Tobu Railway 70090 TH Liner Limited Edition December 2022
Release date is now known. December 4th, during the "2022 Tobu Premium Fan Fiesta" at Tobu Railway's Minami-Kurihashi Station, a bit to the north of Tokyo. 3100 JPY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Limited Edition Seibu Railway 6000 Series, December 10th, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the 6000 srs (June 1st, 1992). 3,300 JPY.

[Image: s_6000image.jpg]

"On December 10, 2022 it will be released in advance at the Seibu Railway Headquarters Building 1F Lobby, and from December 11, 2022 it will be on sale at the station store / convenience store “Tomony” and “Seibu Railway Online Shop”. .... In addition, at the Seibu Railway head office building sales venue, you will receive one “Seibu Railway original paper bag” for each purchase."

Yay!!! Another Seibu paper bag (but not a new design).

https://www.seiburailway.jp/newsroom/new...arail6000/
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super