Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1697754 Views

Thank you Dr Chris 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm betting that the train that you can draw on will be used for OCs.
Call me Sixteen.

Signatures are too hard. -_-
[-] The following 3 users Like ERTLSixteen's post:
  • DalaGStanator, HanoibusGamer, Super
The video contains an interesting unboxing of the Loop set and comparisons with the classic Plarail. In the description of this product, we had the opportunity to read that classic Plarail trains do not work, for example, on new loops. But in the video we see that Plarail Eizan Railway Hiei turns quite nicely on those loops, although it looks rather clumsy in my opinion... Not impressed with the loops at all.

Thomas stickers are applied at the factory, but you can still see that the entire sides are actually stickers (even the windows).

My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Thanks Mr No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Regarding that AEG loop set, I think a famous (and paraphrased) quote from Star Trek sums it up nicely...

'It's Plarail, Captain, but not as we know it...'

Seriously it reminds me of the Fisher Price gear but looks slightly higher quality (TOMY have standards so that was to be expected lol 😂)
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super
The only thing I like about plarail AEG is the engines feature front coupling. Hopefully they will also feature different facial expressions
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Thomas in the loop set looks like he has a space in his front buffer-beam for a coupling to come through. I wonder if the chassis behind that space is configured so that one can be fitted if you wanted to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
That would be a site if a wagon was hooked to the front of Thomas while he navigated the loop. 👀
Thomas from the Loop set, as well as Percy from the triple pack have a hole where the hook should be because they have a motorized chassis, but they can be put on non-motorized chassis as well. Kana and Diesel shells can be placed on motorized chassis.

[Image: pic_thomas_pdk_01.jpg]
[Image: pic_thomas_pdk_08.jpg]

But no non-motorized unit (even if attached to a motorized one) can pass the loop, because it does not have special wheels that would hold it by the edges. So far they have not produced any non-motorized unit (eg wagon) that would support this function. Additionally, the turnstiles that come with the Loop set can only be passed by a solo motorized unit (without a trailer).
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, generic_truck_69420, Super
Today, Saturday Dec 3rd, limited edition Keikyu 1000 series 1890 "Le Ciel" (exclusive connection spec.).

[Image: image.png]  [Image: image.png]

It looks like this is a completely new mould, but there's been so many Keikyu 1000 variants that it's hard to keep track. It's got the same connectors as appeared on the 2100 series back in June this year. The second picture shows the two different trains connected together.

The press release pictures don't show it, but they have managed to find room for a 'Le Ciel' sticker on the other side of the middle car.

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]

Keikyu Press Release

[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super