Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1694667 Views

Thank you Dr Chris 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The re-issued limited edition Keisei Electric Railway Type 3000 which went on general sale earlier today, is reported to be sold out already.  

Old (2010) box.
[Image: keisei3000-old.jpg]

New (2022) box.
[Image: keisei3000-new.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
200 Series Color Shinkansen (E2 Series) & E3 Series Shinkansen Komachi Double Set

Scheduled to be released in February 2023 
Manufacturer's suggested retail price 6,600 yen (tax included)

[Image: pic_e2e3_01.jpg]
[Image: pic_e2e3_02.jpg]
[Image: pic_e2e3_03.jpg]

(machine translation of the description:)

The 200 series color Shinkansen (E2 series) commemorating the 150th anniversary of the opening of the railway and the 40th anniversary of the opening of the Tohoku and Joetsu Shinkansen, and the E3 series Shinkansen Komachi are now available as a double set on Plarail.
The E2 Series Shinkansen reproduces the coloring of the "200 Series Shinkansen" when the Tohoku and Joetsu Shinkansen opened, and the E3 Series Shinkansen reproduces the "Komachi" when the Akita Shinkansen opened.
■ 200 series color Shinkansen (E2 series) modeled
Modeled after the E3 Shinkansen Komachi
■Both "200 Series Color Shinkansen (E2 Series)" and "E3 Series Shinkansen Komachi" are connected vehicles
(When you pull the lever of the third car, a magnetic coupler appears, and you can connect the two cars and run)
■ 3-car train can be connected/disconnected
■ Both can be driven electrically with 2 speeds, and can be rolled by hand with the switch OFF.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, HanoibusGamer
Oooh nice, took quite some time for that E2(00) Shinkansen livery to be officially released.
Since it's just livery change, so many fellow Japanese have already customized their E2.
I half-thought that this E2 and original 200 would be a better set together, but then I realised E2 never connects with 200 due to both being "main line" trains.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thanks for the heads up Mr No 👍
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Wonder when the next group of new release's will be announced...seems like its been awhile.
Well, I suppose they'll soon announce this Plarail GOGO Thomas Jump into the Waterfall set... (that's a twitter pic):

[Image: GOGO-Thomas-Jump-into-the-Waterfall.jpg]

... but I believe you didn't mean that, Super.

Nothing announced for January, and only one (E2+E3 Shinkansen) set in February. Unless they suprise us with some Special Edition train...
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Super
Anything Plarail related is better than nothing at all 😁😁😁

Haha...trains jumping into a Water Fall...😆 Will be neat to see it in action and if it would work all by itself with no help from ones hands. Thanks Mr No. 👍
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Mister No
Looking just at this picture, it's rather strange; reminds me of something in TrackMaster 2 range. We'll have to wait for better pictures to know what exactly is happening here and how Thomas jumps into the waterfall...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
It looks like it may be like the last set where Thomas has to cogged wheels and he flips under and then gets caught in the turbulence
under the falls and goes round and round (clear part) until he rises and emerges for a breath and continues on his way.

[Image: GOGO-Thomas-Jump-into-the-Waterfall.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Mister No