Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1698400 Views

i just wish the tracks comes in a package stand alone.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Didn't Chris say that those track would also comes as standalone R-29?
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
The official description of the E8 set says that the S-shaped curves in it are a special limited colour, which pretty much confirms the suspicion that the 4-pack R-29 ones will be regular sky blue.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2024, 08:33 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Hobby Search now has the 4 Pack listed for Pre-Order (540y) and they show them as Tomy Blue.

Quote: It has the same length as a single straight rail, and can be used to curve gently between multiple track widths.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
Plarail 65th Anniversary news release dated today:

https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/product_rel...240213.pdf

I've not got time to investigate further just now, but the JR East Stamp Rally prizes could be interesting....
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris. Looking forward to what you find out especially if some of the prizes are brand new items 😊
I love how Plarail and FisherPrice just casually ended the standard Thomas releases and replaced them with GoGo and AEG like it was nothing to all the people who supported them.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
OK, this is what we've got:

* The E8 series Tsubasa & Tomica Arch Railroad Crossing Set with dark blue S-rails that we already know about (see above).

* A Plarail stamp rally will be held with JR East from April 5th to June 2nd. Collect the stamps from any 10 of the participating 22 stations in the Tokyo metropolitan area and you'll get a rubber keychain and a chance to be among 200 winners of an E235 series Yamanote Line, the same clear version that was on offer last year, but with the addition of 65th anniversary markings.

* Also, collect stamps from the three JR East Shinkansen stations (Fukushima, Karuizawa and Echigo Yuzawa), then make a 600 yen purchase at a station NewDays store and get a free 65th anniversary clear E3 Tsubasa, again with 65th anniversary markings.

[Image: course02-img.jpg]  [Image: course03-img.jpg]

* Plarail Expo in Tokyo will be held at Ikebukuro Sunshine City between 26th April and 5th May. "We plan to sell new Plarail products to commemorate the event". Some of the buttons at the top of the website are labelled 'coming soon', one of them bears the text 'Plarail Market'. The admission souvenir will be this E8 Shinkansen Tsubasa intermediate car:

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 05:04 PM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Many thanks Dr Chris

Nice to know what the dates are for the Tokyo Plarail Expo. I am holding out hope that they will offer any Plarail Expo Exclusives at the event. These here are nice but looks to be existing trains but are clear and have special stickers commemorating the 65th.
The transparent Yamanote train looks nice... and it would look even better without those stickers! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No