Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES

2095 Replies, 1697449 Views

Could we remove the “Thomas” from the title of this thread?
Clearly Tomy is never going to release anymore original style Thomas themed engines, and seeing this thread pop up is just a big tease and let down.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No
I agree that there should be two separate threads, one for Plarail non-Thomas releases, and one thread-a-go-go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
This thread did technically start out as a Plarail Thomas new releases thread. I'm not sure when it changed. But rightfully there's more to Plarail and it's fine to me seeing them share a thread.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 06:51 AM by jdogman.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
I don't really mind. I've seen retailers lumping these titles to one single category so much I've come to expect any to come up.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
jdogman dateline='[url=tel:1707979844' Wrote: 1707979844[/url]']
This thread did technically start out as a Plarail Thomas new releases thread. I'm not sure when it changed. But rightfully there's more to Plarail and it's fine to me seeing them share a thread.
My point is is that there are no more Tomy Thomas releases ever coming out, so part of the title is no longer relevant, as well as just being a big empty tease every time the thread pops up.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Yes it is useless and I'm totally on board with that. But it's interesting to see where it started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Tomorrow, 27th Feb 2024, limited edition Keisei 3100 type, available at Kesei outlets and Family Mart stores along the Keisei and Hokuso lines.

[Image: site-1101243-1-a-000.jpg]

https://www.keisei.co.jp/cms/files/keise...yDua54.pdf
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, SerialExperimentsTrain, Super
Thanks for the heads up Dr Chris 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Plarail new releases for April 2024 (no Thomas)
  • S-57 Plarail Railway Dog Express, as first seen in the April 2023 Best Selection Set. Replaces S-57 683 series Limited express Thunderbird.
[Image: pic-s57-01.webp]
  • R-30 Triangular Point Rail, also as first seen in the April 2023 Best Selection Set, but this time in regular sky blue.
[Image: pic-r30-01.webp]
  • "100 Layouts can be Created! Dream Rail Kit".
    Includes 4x pale blue S-shaped rail. Celebrates Takara Tomy's 100th anniversary, the company was established in 1924 by Eiichirō Tomiyama as the Tomiyama Toy Manufacturing Company.
[Image: bc7d725ae6feef5c2f02d5dd7ea62c03.webp] [Image: 33dc7a4d46b050ab4ad3302f7ce06e96.webp]
  • Real Class 201 Series Commuter Train (JR West Orange). New mould/mold, this is getting interesting.
[Image: pic-realclass-201orange-01.webp]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 5 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, JustTylerHere, Mister No, SerialExperimentsTrain, Super
Very interesting...that is a great Rail Kit especially for someone just getting into these trains. That Triangle Point Rail is also interesting and the Dog Express would have been neat if it 'Barked' as it rolled the rails 😊

Thanks Dr Chris for always keeping us up to date 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo