Toy train photography gallery (post your awesome shots here)

211 Replies, 240620 Views

(01-19-2017, 07:00 PM)Super Wrote: A good size for the pictures may be about 1500 megapixels horizontally.

This one was also one of my Grandsons favorites. By the look of yours this must be an upgraded version with where the on/off switch is located with the latest Plarail Motor Chassis.

Super, yep, this is the current AA battery chassis version. With fresh batteries, it's pretty quick, which is great for a passenger consist. However, I still prefer the C battery engines for low and slow freight work.

The image size on modern phone cameras is ridiculous! One of my previous attempts at posting was thwarted when the image I was using exceeded the allowable file size of the free online compressor I was going to use! Does a single photo of a toy train really NEED to be more than half the storage capacity of a huge, 1960s hard drive? Probably not! Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I don't know anything about these modern day phones as I don't have one but don't you have a Tablet or Laptop Computer?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(01-20-2017, 12:19 AM)Super Wrote: I don't know anything about these modern day phones as I don't have one but don't you have a Tablet or Laptop Computer?

I do but both laptop and desktop are 10 years old and have been upgraded as far as possible. What I've realized is that, in moving from using a desktop and DSLR camera to primarily an iPhone is just how big the files sizes have gotten. There are some image file reducer apps out there and I just need to see which one works best for my needs.
Its not the Image File that you need to change, only the size of the picture, pixels x pixels. You could still probably use you old updated computer to achieve this as it might already have like a Photo Editing of Print Shop type program on it. If not there are plenty of free ones on the Web. If you use a free third party picture Host like PhotoBucket (Free) you can Edit the size right there on their site and then direct link it to the Forums.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
It's been a long time since I've posted anything on this thread. Here ya go: My new 500 Type EVA Evangelion at speed on a new layout!
And don't forget my PEMCo GG1!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 01:07 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 4 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super, Ucwepn
Thanks Rok

That PEMCo GG1 sure looks cool. Would like to see Plarail take a shot at something like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
Cool shots, Rokman! Love the Evangeleon themed train and the GG-1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
Thanks! Maybe I'll aim for some more 'at spend shots today!

(01-22-2017, 01:08 AM)Super Wrote: That PEMCo GG1 sure looks cool. Would like to see Plarail take a shot at something like that.
That would be something I might want to miss a Vocaloid concert for. (Boy do I love Vocaloid, but Plarail is the whole reason I'm into this stuff now!)
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 07:29 PM by ROKMAN1445.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
(01-25-2017, 07:28 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Thanks! Maybe I'll aim for some more 'at spend shots today!

That would be something I might want to miss a Vocaloid concert for. (Boy do I love Vocaloid, but Plarail is the whole reason I'm into this stuff now!)

No idea what a PEMCo actually is, but the shot looks really nice. Imagine how it'd look with a proper backdrop and maybe some layout decor in the background! Maybe something to take note of remaking in future, then showing off? Tongue
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
(01-25-2017, 09:32 PM)Miksolo Wrote: No idea what a PEMCo actually is, but the shot looks really nice. Imagine how it'd look with a proper backdrop and maybe some layout decor in the background! Maybe something to take note of remaking in future, then showing off? Tongue

A) PEMCo was a branch(line if you're buying what I'm selling!) of TYCo. It was created to make somewhat above quality standard model trains(Take note of the knuckle pin bar). It had one series of products, both the PRR Tuscan and Emerald in it. I would consider it somewhat of a car from the 90's: It isn't much but it managed to last this long and will probably outlive your current car.

B) See the image above. I cleaned off my train table and will set down some fake grass this weekend!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator