PROJECT Restoring Thomas

13 Replies, 10253 Views

Hey guys, I just wanted to know HOW TO REMOVE A FACE IN TOMY THOMAS that's all because I'm going to convert my old Tomy Thomas into a black cameo engine like Ucwepn. THANKS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like PlarailTown's post:
  • softbelly, Super
Isn't there a screw inside the body shell?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No, that's trackmaster. The tomy & plarail thomas (2003-2017 version) face can just be carefully popped off with a small flathead screwdriver or a pocket knife.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 03:20 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like marclovestrainz's post:
  • PlarailTown, Super
Thanks Marc, I didn't know that.
Actually, neither did I until a friend told me a few months ago.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 11:55 PM by Super.)
(01-07-2020, 03:09 PM)marclovestrainz Wrote: No, that's trackmaster. The tomy & plarail thomas (2003-2017 version) face can just be carefully popped off with a small flathead screwdriver or a pocket knife.

Thanks a lot!
So I've finished restoring my very first Plarail trains. Plarail Spacia and a customized "cameo engine" based on Plarail Thomas.

https://youtu.be/mf0VZcrVLP4
[-] The following 1 user Likes PlarailTown's post:
  • Super
Fantastic P-Town

You are on your way to being a master Plarail mechanic and customizer. I really like how you memorialized your first ever plarail train ( the Spacia) with the dates on it. never get rid of that one even if you give up playing with these as you will get back into them when you are older and wouldn't it be neat to show your future kids or grandchildren your first ever train and how you repaired and revived him. A great lessen for them to learn that even they can do it.

There are a couple of interesting areas of the Layout I like. First your lake area is cool and I like your imagination in customizing the back of one of your Ffarquhar stations to make it look like an engine shed. Was that what you were going for?

[Image: Untitledjjju.jpg] [Image: Untitledju.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • softbelly
Oh that is a park and a farm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PlarailTown's post:
  • Super
Hello, Newby here!
I want to touch up some of the faces, which have had the grey paint chipped off. Do you know if there is a paint every one uses? (Like humbrol in UK)
[-] The following 1 user Likes softbelly's post:
  • Super