Unrecorded Phantom Gems

158 Replies, 116096 Views

There was one in terrible condition for 15000 yen. It just proves how these junk are valuable even though their electronics are dead.

Also add this one in: 1975, G-24, Farmhouse, Part Index. 44. it is a direct ancestor of the D51 Ranch Set / Farm Set (1976).

[Image: i-img1200x1200-1584859711nmmzc51115631.jpg]
I'm not sure whether Soushiyajou Set ("Abandoned" Yard Set) and Rittai Sumioroshi Set (Yellow ED-70) counts, they are part of the rural reciprocating series although the parts doesn't indicate rural otherwise (maybe the logs and the wagons would indicate as a yes). There is one now for 13000 yen, I'm participating in that bid war probably throwing in 30000 yen for a start since there are no YouTube videos showing these sets.
That Barn and Farm Truck set is something I haven't seen before sold individually, only seen it in the bigger, train set. I have seen so much Plarail stuff I am always amazed and appreciative when a member shows me something I haven't seen before.

Seeing that Farm Truck from 1976 reminds me of a question that the answer has always eluded me...when did Tomica or, if was a different name, start making the 1/64th Die Cast Cars? I can only assume that it was sometime after WWII.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
There is a record in the Plarail Musuem for the longest time under the individual parts section. These ones are extremely rare now. There is 1 on Yahoo now starting at 3000 yen and 1 on Mercari for 270000 yen. Yahoo is the only chance to get it now, so I'm in the bid war again.

[Image: 111111.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I think I will post other unrecorded stuff here (not relating to rural). Here goes:

Yellow Highway Bus (1964? 1965? 1966?), Unknown close date estimates.

[Image: 1111.png]

This is indeed the first time our team has seen it, but was reported from another team. It is deemed to be even more rare than the white highway bus. We will explore further.
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super
I love that bus Vio. I am not sure I have seen this exact one but I do recall seeing the people graphics through the windows which I think was cool.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
You have seen the white bus, the yellow bus origin and packaging is very unknown at the moment.
Both buses have tin windows and plastic bodies, sharing the same chassis as the original black electric plastic train 1961.
Thank you for your efforts, Vio. This bus looks really great! And so special with the tin windows...
It would look great together with another "gem" ChinChin Toden 8000.
Just imagine this two little beauties together! wow!
[Image: 1111.png][Image: ESzuwom-Uc-Acucg-E.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Don't just thank me. Our team are always hard at work 12 hours everyday doing research so it is a group effort to find information of such dangerously scarce Plarail!
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super
ふくせんステーションセット (Automatic Double Track Station Set, Early Hikari-Go Mark Era)

There are other sets like this that were released in 1968, but this box is not recorded in BigLobe Plarail Musuem. This one is released in 1970, not sure when it ceased production. It came with the 超特急ひかり号 (1970 Super Express Hikari, Round Nose). Green man made it's appearance from the commercial, this time the platform has no rotating green man (although the one in CM has rotating green man). This comes with white stoppers, yellow platform and opaque red roof.

[Image: i-img640x480-15843342123gsh7b765338.jpg][Image: i-img640x480-1584334212ui20rn769521.jpg]
  • Finno, Mister No, Super