9 Tooth Gear?

6 Replies, 3479 Views

Has anyone seen a 9 tooth gear in your Plarail? If so which one? I checked Yahoo Auctions for the gears with the Plarail keyword, unfortunately no spare parts. AliExpress was the only choice. Spent a lot of time yesterday opening up gearboxes of other Plarail, but no 9 tooth gear found.

Unfortunately my C-62汽笛入り is the only Plarail that uses it (talking about rare gearboxes...), and it is broken so the motor makes a lot of noise which drowns the whistle sound. The motor is naturally quiet without any gearing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
They do make them so check around. I came across some while sourcing 10 toothed gears a while back.
GEAR
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Quite expensive but good try, AliExpress is selling them at around 1.64 USD with free shipping.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32961215...4c4dOX41IM
It was just an example that they are available not a suggestion to buy.
If you insert the Plarail word in your search, you wouldn't be able to find replacements with the keyword. Main question is which Plarail has a 9 tooth gear, it must have been an irregular Plarail.
Nevermind...I thought you were looking for a replacement for the broken gear.
It will be easier to get a replacement from a junk gearbox. That is how I get my replacement 8, 10 and 12 tooth gears most of the time.