Tomica World Turntable - fail

9 Replies, 3984 Views

Here's a box I've not seen before. Can anyone explain to me how it's supposed to turn a TGV?
[Image: 7526b.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1, violater
isnt it designed more as a route choice rather than for turning engines in motion
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Super
The whole train still needs to fit on the turntable in order to change the route. If a TGV went over this there is no way it could change route
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 05:55 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
I never really saw the reason for these and they are plentiful in Japan. They really could only turn Diesels and Tank Engines as no steamy with tender would fit. Isn't it true that there are 3 sizes of Plarail turntables? This, for one engine, the one we mostly see that could fit an engine and tender and the giant turntable that will hold a 3 piece train which is way too big in my opinion.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Tharazero1
Only this one will turn the TGV! Big Grin

[Image: s-l640.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, jessetrains, Super, Tharazero1
I would be curious as to how big a seller this 'Big Turntable Base' as they call, it really is in Japan because it is so big that it would be hard to incorporate in a Layout.

Also the the little one that this Thread is about is also known as the J-08 in Plarail

[Image: 81i-Js-Dv-W-ML-AC-SL1500.jpg]
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
Yeah, I always see J-08 Turntable used in Japan even though it can barely fit even one engine. The original 10-exit turntable (that was retooled for the Thomas range) is not currently being made, despite the fact it's perfect for the type of longer trains you'd want to have turned around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • Super
Look it up, it is ニューてんしゃだい domestically.
Indeed, it is the first time I have ever seen one. This will be the third overseas product to have a silver TGV in the illustration!

Also, there is a bigger and older version of this turntable called てんしゃだい, it is much more valuable than the new turntables.

[Image: 111111.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1
Yes, very hard to get a hold of one of those Vio
  • Tharazero1, violater
In good condition. Bad condition ones could go up to 8500 yen and nobody are buying those. A nearly unused one sold for 7250 yen before.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 03:08 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super