Yet another concept xD

4 Replies, 2774 Views

So, I'm grappling with a load of free time, and what to do with my layout, aside from playing with it [duh  Big Grin ]

Well, I had a little brainwave, inspired by my recent foray into Photoshop editing and my recently aquired MA in Creative Writing [and the need for a portfolio of work to apply for PhD studies Tongue ], that being to create comic/storybooks with photos staged and taken on my layout - Not nessecarily anything to be officially published, but if I create anything, I'll stick it onto BPT for you to peruse at your leisure  Cool

I also admit that this is partly my response to the whole AEG disaster befalling Thomas at the moment where the realism that the Rev. Awdry used to insist on seems to have taken a back seat, because I think stories about trains can be both fun and realistic, for kids and adults.

Anyway, here's a WIP concept I created using a stock photo of the Plarail HST Virgin Train - Obviously I would be able to make it look a lot better if I took and edited my own photos, but if nothing else, this proves the concept I had worked Smile

[Image: unknown.png?width=948&height=533]

The idea is to kind of borrow from the Thomas concept [trains with faces], but given Plarail is a Japanese system, use anime eyes [plus I like the anime/manga style], and fitting the face into the design of the train where practical, which is suprisingly easy if you use the windscreen as a position for eyes, and the headlights/just above the buffer beam as the position for the mouth...

I already kind of have an idea how the HST would fit into a theoretical story, and what their 'character' so to speak would be, being perhaps an older mentor character of some kind because the HST is now the UK's oldest InterCity train, and to me, the positioning of the headlights/front horn grill looks a bit like a mustache  Sleepy 

So, we'll see where this goes, not a serious project so much as a proof of concept for a bit of fun lol
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
Well, while I haven't managed to take any pictures for this project, much less set up my layout, thanks to a new job taking up much of my time, I have managed to write several stories in text form!

So, here we go, see what you think of the first few of my [working title] Tomica World Tales, with the plan being to create illustrations at some point [possibly in book-form] using digitally edited photographs taken from my layout!

Story can be downloaded at this link

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oryK...sp=sharing
Here's the second of my 5 stories that i've come up with Smile 

[Note - Each story is it's own post, as I tried to upload them all as one block of text, but that crashed the BPT website on my end  Blush ]
[Additional note - All these stories are works in progress, and as such, continuity and names are subject to change; Any errors are entirely intentional, and will be fixed, eventually  Wink ]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bfKp...sp=sharing
Too many words for me Undecided [Image: very-shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Plarail Man UK
Good point - Modified to swap text-walls for download links so people can download a much better formatted document lmao  Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 09:01 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super