thomas and friends mini series

3311 Replies, 4346535 Views

Has anyone heard if the Tootsie minis are showing up in 2018 blind bags outside of North America?
they never have before, and i will be surprised, but pleased, if they start now. checked the shop i struck out at over the weekend, and they had next to no minis left, so will try again this weekend and hope they have restocked with 2018 ones.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • drewbenn
(03-05-2018, 05:35 PM)drewbenn Wrote: Has anyone heard if the Tootsie minis are showing up in 2018 blind bags outside of North America?

Thanks Drew for updating the checklist with 18/2. Cool
Even after 18/2 is posted, I am surprised at the number of remaining Unnumbered 2018.

Also has anyone else noticed, number of new engines are going down with each release. 2017 Wave 3 had 12 new engines, then 11, 10, and now 2018/2 is 9.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pablo392's post:
  • mikedaws
(03-06-2018, 04:11 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Even after 18/2 is posted, I am surprised at the number of remaining Unnumbered 2018.

Who, while I was adding the new wave, I didn't even notice it didn't include any of the unnumbered engines! Thanks for pointing that out.

Pablo392 Wrote:Also has anyone else noticed, number of new engines are going down with each release. 2017 Wave 3 had 12 new engines, then 11, 10, and now 2018/2 is 9.

2016 doesn't seem to have been planned out well, but if you don't count what I consider "specials" like DC, Tootsie and Steelworks engines, and if there are really about 21 engines left to come this year (unnumbered + rumored - a couple of vans/trucks like last year) I think 2016-2018 are all looking about the same:

Code:
year  w1  w2  w3  w4 total average
2015  18  19  19  19   75   18.75
2016  11  12   9   7   39    9.75
2017  10   9  10  10   39    9.75
2018  10   9           19    9.5

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are right drewbenn, I was counting anything that wasn't in italics which included tootsies.

Did anyone catch the little disclaimer on Boost and Blast Set, it says some engines may not work on this set, so I am guessing it was designed for non-weighted engines. I got it but I didn't open it yet. I have a box sitting in my office with some of the other sets, I donated some last year, waiting for this year to donate them.
(03-06-2018, 09:11 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: You are right drewbenn, I was counting anything that wasn't in italics which included tootsies.

Did anyone catch the little disclaimer on Boost and Blast Set, it says some engines may not work on this set, so I am guessing it was designed for non-weighted engines. I got it but I didn't open it yet. I have a box sitting in my office with some of the other sets, I donated some last year, waiting for this year to donate them.

Well it's just a different way of looking at the data Smile Certainly not the only!

I know on our Twist-n-Turn, the diesels and some of the larger, blockier steamies tend to get stuck on their way up. I haven't played with the Boost and Blast yet, but when I saw that I just assumed the warning was more about the engine sizes than the weights, especially since the Boost and Blast was released after the non-weighted engines came out: otherwise a lot of new-to-minis kids are going to be pretty upset when *none* of their engines work with it!
There are so many errors on the collectors sheets that it is hard to tell what Fisher Price is doing!
2018/1 (US) only had 10 true new releases. But the collectors sheet indicates 12 new releases.
2018/ US has only 9 true new releases but the collectors sheet indicates 13 new releases. So again it could be a pattern- but its hard to believe they can’t have someone who knows the MINIS Line at least proof the collectors sheet?
Engines like skarloey seem to get stuck. Their funnels are too tall. Also the weighted engines dont seem to "blast" off that well. Too heavy I think
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ksthomas209's post:
  • drewbenn
Interesting. They labeled Diesel as Porter, and put a sticker over it as quick fix.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Pablo392's post:
  • drewbenn, mikedaws
Hey, American collectors, I was wondering how common were the 2017 series 3 and 4 blind bags in stores? Since we never got them here, I’m curious if they were (are) still very common. I realized I am behind on steelworks Samson and steelworks Edward from 2017 still. I figured if we ever paid a visit south soon, I wondered if I could somehow find them.

I know they were in 3 packs that were here but I waited too long and I haven’t seen those 2 in a long long time.

I still need the slimes, as well. And those are the only 5 trains I’m behind on. I’d hate to miss the slimes while they are so cheap on American Walmart sites.

Oh, also, we bought the boost n blast. It’s fun. I genuinely thought it was broken however. I didn’t realize you had to pull up on the chimney to reset each launch.