Adding Glazing (Windows) to Models

8 Replies, 9792 Views

(05-02-2018, 11:31 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Very cool Nigels.. can’t wait to start seeing some customs.. Big Grin

This class 08 diesel will be the first custom, first step add the glazing, 2nd step add some brass handrails on the doors, 3rd repaint some parts of it and add some detailing Smile

(05-03-2018, 11:26 AM)Super Wrote: Nice work Nigels, interesting stuff.

For just gluing clear glazing on windows I had bought this stuff quite a while ago because I wanted to try something better than just Super glue which is unforgiving and a bit problematic. I haven't tried it yet but hope it works for all plastics. I had seen the type you have in my search for a better glue so I am curious to hear how ir works for just gluing clear plastic too.

I'll let you know when I try that, maybe for bigger windows where I want to add glazing, but I think it will be fine. It appears to be some sort of PVA glue, but dries crystal clear where most don't. Although having said that the other day I saw a bottle of clear coloured PVA I may have to get one of those and try that see if it dries clear as well because if it does it will be way cheaper Smile

Also forgot to say Mr Ripley, I will also be adding internal cab lighting and maybe drill a hole in the front for a headlamp as well Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2018, 12:24 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Chrizzly, ripley802, Super

Messages In This Thread
Adding Glazing (Windows) to Models - by Nigels - 05-02-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: Adding Glazing (Windows) to Models - by Nigels - 05-03-2018, 10:54 PM
RE: Adding Glazing (Windows) to Models - by Super - 05-03-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Adding Glazing (Windows) to Models - by Super - 05-07-2018, 11:39 PM