Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 175624 Views

Honourable Mentions 3

Tomica World 7430 TGV Set & Tomica World 7422 Mega Set & Tomica World 8296 Medium Set (Super's post)

A Plarail exported to the European regions. These are by far the most difficult sets to find in the Tomica World series. I don't know when these are manufactured, simply guess beyond 1988 due to the fact new power motors were introduced then. Seems to be manufactured for a very short time. There was a joke where Japanese people said: "I'll never buy toys from Western countries because a Western high school/college student wouldn't treat their toys as well as Japanese toddlers.". Actual fact, it is almost true that a higher population of Japanese people practice preservation over usage, these sets hardly survive in these conditions. (I don't mean to generalise and shame anyone here with this true statement.) I as a Japanese player also agree with it to some extent. Sets like these are going for at least 30000 yen or more if ever found on Yahoo auctions.

The reason why it is an honourable mention: Not Made In Japan.

[Image: EUb0n-Jt-U0-AAt-PNr.jpg][Image: tomy-tomica-world-hypercity-playset-tren...2018-F.jpg][Image: 1371155189.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - by violater - 04-01-2020, 03:07 AM