What did you do to your trains today?

576 Replies, 586506 Views

[Image: 008.jpg]

So, I've brought Spencer in and adapted the Henry top to fit over the chassis. While he might look well constructed and still rolls well, he's actually flimsy and lopsided (particularly at the front). Even though I did get the firebox to look more proportionate, there might be a problem with the exact shape of his boiler when I'll add it. The firebox has since been shortened to resemble the TOMY and early TrackMaster size. I'll use thin strips of double sided tape to follow the shape of Gordon's boiler, to which a thin layer of cardboard will be applied so I could form it accurately. After the boiler, smokebox, the other four wheel arches and cab roof, I'll try to strengthen the running board, straighten it as much as possible and add the detail before painting. The shape of the running board turned out correct on one side but wrong on the other. If this provisional Henry would fail, he'd be repurposed as a new scrap engine. If only I didn't refuse to build my own versions of engines back then (produced or not). It's only my first real attempt to see if I can do it, so it's not really meant to perfectly mimic the official counterparts. I think he's going to look good.

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by DalaGStanator - 08-15-2020, 09:12 AM