What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 581005 Views

Well Today I made a new layout on one of my big tables. I managed to include Knapford Station and the Rail Yard. I am also a fanatic for congestion and fitting as much as you can in a small place so I put in as many sidings and Rolling Stock as I could. I'm also obsessed with symmetry so I tried to make the layout as symmetrical as possible.
[Image: IMG-2123.jpg]

As a kid I saw this video on Youtube on how to put a front coupling on engines, so as a kid I tried to do that with my Percy but I didn't have any files or sandpaper so I didn't get very far. Now I finally decided to complete the mod, and with the help of a file and sandpaper it made it much easier to do it and I think it turned out great!

[Image: IMG-2782.jpg]
I also did another mod to Percy, by putting tin foil on the motor battery terminal, and putting the battery in backwards it will make Percy run backwards, which is what I wanted to do when I originally thought of modifying Percy.
[Image: IMG-1567.jpg]

And a much awaited repair was the repair of my Tomy Gordon and Henry. With Gordon, it was a relatively simple fix as one of his wires broke, so all I had to do was replace it and now he works. Henry on the other hand was even more exciting. Henry hasn't been working for around 4-5 years and has just been sitting on my shelf collecting dust. With the help of new wires, a bit of soldering (including soldering the motor to the switch) and he works just like new!
[Image: IMG-4077.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by Tharazero1 - 08-22-2020, 04:23 AM