Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 84812 Views

I actually don't know how to import pictures like that into something, but I did measure the sides and cab when I drew it (onto paper). I used those to create the sides, which I duplicated. I haven't quite figured out how to do the round cab tops, but I'm going to mess around with it more later. And the boiler will have the smokebox saddle added.

I did this on Tinkercad, which was recommended by a modeller on RMweb. The best part is, it's free!

I was planning on uploading this to ShapeWays once I'm finished with it, although I'm not sure if I'll make it available to sell. I'm not sure if anyone would buy it, because it's not really a replacement shell for the Bachmann model, and I'm not sure everyone would want to scratchbuild their own Thomas, whether it's truly accurate or not.

Oh, and I'm surprised I haven't tried it yet myself! The tutorial videos on YouTube are a lot easier to understand than I thought!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratchbuilding B̶a̶c̶h̶m̶a̶n̶n̶'̶s̶ Thomas the Tank Engine - by TrainMan2001 - 09-15-2020, 01:03 PM