Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 84806 Views

I got more of the model done today. I'm think I'm going to have the model be a "scratch-aid," meaning it's going to be a back-scratcher...

Just kidding! I'm not going to bother with trying to do the tapering from the funnel and dome to the boiler, since I know I can do that with milliput. I'm also planning to leave the front and rear windows filled in since I can't figure out the internal dimension of the window, although I may play around with that more. Oh, and here's the picture:
[Image: t725-1.png]

As you can see, I got the smokebox saddle on and filled in the tanks to make the other sides of them (now I just need to finish hollowing out the shell). I also put that thing in the cab to act as a place to hide the motor (just like the original model), which is super convenient! I'll only need to find a motor and gearbox that will fit. I think that's everything, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask, because I can probably answer it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just ignore the pink semicircle, that's how I finished the cab.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratchbuilding B̶a̶c̶h̶m̶a̶n̶n̶'̶s̶ Thomas the Tank Engine - by TrainMan2001 - 09-15-2020, 09:08 PM