What did you do to your trains today?

576 Replies, 586606 Views

I've been working on a little project after seeing the idea of a Talk n Action Scruffy and Toad on this 2001 Japanese fan poll of wanted characters
[Image: Screenshot-20201021-092025.jpg]

I 3D modelled and printed a modified truck and Toad brakevan and fitted the chassis with the battery compartment and Talk n Action switch in them.

[Image: IMG-20201101-074521.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20201111-090600.jpg]
I finally got a little microcontroller reading the Talk n Action track bumps correctly, and once I get Toad set up correctly with a power switch, print a new bracket for the speaker and electronics inside Scruffy, and find a better speaker (the current one is from a Talk n Action and the audio blows it out) it should work better then I expected.

The audio is mostly unintelligible, but it'll play lines from Toad Stands By eventually

https://youtu.be/UHh3Rbjtz3E

Maybe I'll give a Talk n Action Edward or Diesel a try some time, but I don't know if everything would fit inside Edward, my boards are a lot bigger then the original signal board Talk n Action one
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 5 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, Super, Tharazero1

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by DuckGWR - 11-23-2020, 03:18 AM