Tomica Hypercity (UK) Product Launch

13 Replies, 5941 Views

Playrail Man UK. That'll be the Mega Station set. I've got the instructions for that somewhere. I'll have to dig them out and see what they say. This is the back of the Hypercity East-i box...no blurb, same goes for its instructions.

[Image: 85107e.jpg]
In Hypercity-speak it's the "CT1100 City Train", and it would have cost you £9.99 RRP when it came out. By the end of 2012 it was selling for £5.99 in TKMaxx (I've got one BNIB with the receipt tucked into it).

"Come on board the City Train CT1100 and on a journey around the new Tomica World of Roads, Tracks, and destinations. Train includes engine which can be set to two speeds, and 3 carriages. Discover a place where road a rail connect together and watch as high tech trains speed around the track, or travel around the city by car visiting all that the town has to offer. Tomica brings together a network of trains and cars, and allow the freedom to build your own Tomica Town. The possibilities are endless."

In re-boxing it for us in the West, they saved money by leaving out the lighting that's in the Plarail version, although the clear plastic lens part is still in the nose because it's also the retaining lip for the body shell.

The train that came in the Tomica World City Set was the E3 Akita Komachi, the older version with yellow wheels. Nice one.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Plarail Man UK, Super

Messages In This Thread
Tomica Hypercity (UK) Product Launch - by chrisjo - 12-24-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: Tomica Hypercity (UK) Product Launch - by chrisjo - 12-24-2021, 09:49 PM