Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set

18 Replies, 4087 Views

@Siupasiope

To be fair, the TGV set is really hard to come by, in any condition, much less boxed, possibly more so than the original Japanese variants.

I'm lucky, I have a complete TGV set that came without the original box, in pretty decent condition all considered, and the TGV station is always one of the centrepieces of my layouts simply because I think it's one of the best diorama pieces out there.

In my case, it cost me around £110 on Ebay, and I havent seen one for sale since either, and that was nearly 2 years ago!

More interestingly, mine was imported from France, and although I've seen UK listings for the set before, I have an odd feeling it may have been either exclusive to Continental Europe, or if not exclusive, at least sold more widely there, as I've seen more listings from EU countries than the UK.

One thing, aside from the station, that drives up the value is the silver TGV engine - This is supposed to represent the then-new TGV Atlantique model, whereas the earlier orange TGV (sold as an individual model, and much more common) represents the original Sud-Est model. This is kind of like how the Amtrak Super Spiral is highly prized and expensive, because it has the exclusive Amtrak F-unit diesel, and was produced in fairly limited quantities, as opposed to having a particularly unique track layout.
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Siupasiope, Super

Messages In This Thread
Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Siupasiope - 08-13-2022, 05:02 PM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-14-2022, 12:37 AM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Plarail Man UK - 08-15-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-15-2022, 02:29 PM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-15-2022, 03:45 PM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-15-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-16-2022, 11:33 AM
RE: Motor Tomica Plarail New Town Set - by Super - 08-16-2022, 01:23 PM