FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

250 Replies, 95504 Views

2023/6/19 Update

Donald-2:
So fun fact, every TrackMaster Scottish Twin I own is a Hit Toys Release, while every TOMY Scottish Twin I own is a round Logo TOMY release, 2 of them being snowplow set Donalds without the snowplow.

Handrails painted, eyes repainted, mouth painted, eyebrows repainted to match appearance in the show.
[Image: 23619a.jpg]

Blue Donald and Douglas:
Plarail Donald-1 & Plarail Donald-3 became Blue Donald and Douglas respectively.
  • Decals removed, mouths sanded down, new facial expressions sculpted.
  • Primed with tamiya white primer.
  • Painted in TS-23 Light Blue
  • Smokeboxes painted in TS-6 Matte Black
  • Faces painted in Apple Barrel Country Grey
  • Boiler Bands painted in Apple Barrel Red Apple
  • Footplates painted in Country Grey
  • Frames painted in Red Apple
  • Here they are next to Thomas.
  • Lining painted on in a combination of freehand and with a ruler and wiping off some paint that went in the wrong places.
  • No nameplates yet, still waiting on color ink.
[Image: 23619b.jpg][Image: 23619c.jpg][Image: 23619d.jpg][Image: 23619e.jpg][Image: 23619f.jpg][Image: 23619g.jpg][Image: 23619h.jpg][Image: 23619i.jpg]

Jinty:
  • Uses T-06 Painted Percy's chassis and my Plarail Thomas shell from my first Plarail Thomas
  • Firebox shaped out of Milliput Two Part Yellow-Grey epoxy putty, percy's smokebox gap in the footplate has been filled in
  • Percy's cylinders removed (old image)
  • Bufferbeam chipped filled in and replaced with a combination of mixing stick, polystyrene, a file, superglue, and milliput.
  • Whistle and front cab window filled in using parts of a mixing stick cut to size and then fit in with milliput and superglue.
  • Jinty will most likely be using a custom sculpt for the face, unlike reusing an existing face with little to no modifications like ADuckProductions version of the character, as I have my own plans for Jinty.
[Image: 23619j.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2023, 09:21 PM by FfarquharDeveloper.)
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs - by FfarquharDeveloper - 06-19-2023, 09:13 PM