Repairing the Tomica 'Charge Play' park-o-mat,

12 Replies, 1571 Views

[Image: IMG-20231216-0001.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20231216-0002.jpg]

Well, now the customising can begin. The stickers [there's a lot lol Tongue ] were on an A3 sheet, but my A4 scanner has a rather nifty 'splice' function to allow you to scan an A4 document in 2 passes, then splice the images together - This sticker sheet was badly creased anyway on arrival and doesn't feel of especially high quality, but my plan now is to edit these then have them printed [for about £7.50] onto a sheet of A3 sticky vinyl which will be of much better quality than what was enclosed.

Same goes for the backing cards, I especially love the lift backing card with it's tasty selection of stock images raided from Google [LOL Big Grin ] especially the 'car wash' image where inexplicably the car's registration plate reads 'CHRIST'.

[Image: image.png]

Either way, these will be edited too and my plan is to get a high-quality colour print of them at my local post office [50p per A4 sheet], then glue them to some re-used cardboard for stability.

As for the Charge-Play park-o-mat, well that one's hit a dead end almost immediately. Poundland car motors are too large; It has to be a specifically 'slimline' design of pullback motor which frankly I'm not sure isn't some kind of proprietary TOMY design made for this specific unit. I could conceivably buy a bootleg version from Alibaba and hope that maybe the motor in that is a clone of the TOMY design and use that, but I don't really know so for now, back to research.
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 01:36 PM by Plarail Man UK.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repairing the Tomica 'Charge Play' park-o-mat, - by Plarail Man UK - 12-16-2023, 12:52 PM