FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

250 Replies, 96919 Views

hasnt been quite six months yet so i can't make the "SIX MONTHS" joke

2024/03/15

Frieda:
Frieda's not done and she isn't perfect but she's close enough to being done and when positioned correctly the incomplete wheels aren't that noticable since they're really covered up and the in the right lighting conditions arent really visible.
[Image: 2024-frieda-01.png][Image: 2024-frieda-02.png][Image: 2024-frieda-03.png][Image: 2024-frieda-04.png][Image: 2024-frieda-05.png]
[Image: 2024-frieda-06.png][Image: 2024-frieda-07.png][Image: 2024-frieda-08.png][Image: 2024-frieda-09.png][Image: 2024-frieda-10.png]

- added a slab of milliput on first to make it easier to add the rest on later (i had excess from another project i was workng on that night and threw the remainder on frieda)
- threw some sticks on to extend the casing upwards
- added pre-cut styrene to both ends to form the bulk of the shape
- filled in the gaps
- filed and sanded everything down smooth
- added bufferbeam
- built tender cover
- painted blue and red
-- wheels still need more red paint i didnt get enough on the loco wheels
- reassembled everything
- painted on the other details by hand, ALL of the other details, yes that includes the numbers too i painted those on by hand

She does run still, I didn't have to replace the motor or rewire her during the painting process

Big City Engine:
1. Cut off topfeed and dome
2. Extended firebox
3. Added new dome
4. Painted
5. Sticker added
6. done, needs rewiring

[Image: 2024-bigcity-01.png]
[Image: 2024-bigcity-02.png]
[Image: 2024-bigcity-03.png]
[Image: 2024-bigcity-04.png]

Changed my username to roxaclock months ago by the way (not on this site since it's not an option womp womp), please refer to me as that or any variation of the name (roxa, rox, roxaclock, aclock, clock, rc), just not "ffar" or any variation of that username anymore.

Haven't done much custom related things recently since I'm going through a rough patch, my focus has shifted fast from Thomas to Transformers within the past 10 months, and I haven't really gotten around to starting too many new projects.

Won't go into detail about why life sucks right now but is definitely another rough patch again after getting out of a 13-month rough patch. Nothing for yall here on the forums to worry about or concern yourselves with.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 06:23 AM by FfarquharDeveloper.)
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs - by FfarquharDeveloper - 03-15-2024, 06:01 AM