What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 578689 Views

It was about time I touched up some Take Alongs and the two Take 'n Plays. I started by fixing paint chips on the Milk Tanker, removing unwanted black and redoing eyebrows on engine faces I tried to restore, and adding silver to Bertie's radiator frame. But these two were my favourite results from today.

[Image: 042.jpg][Image: 043.jpg]

For Spencer, I applied black in two instances I should've added to him years ago. His front buffers are incorrectly depicted as being on a bufferbeam, with its middle being the same as his main colour (this error was fixed in Take 'n Play). After masking the coupling, I blacked out the middle so it would blend in with the smokebox. In addition, I did the same with the tender wheels to match his TOMY and TV counterparts.

[Image: 044.jpg][Image: 045.jpg][Image: 046.jpg][Image: 047.jpg][Image: 048.jpg]

Salty had a bit more work done to him. Previously, I achieved his yellow bufferbeams and white running board using paper labels (like I did for the running board on the TrackMaster Talking one). I was no longer impressed with how it looked, so I removed the labels and redid everything a bit more professionally. While the black parts I added back then were mostly unchanged, the white labels were applied over the original red paint (hence why the whole body and chassis were masked). I primed the bufferbeams with correction fluid and used a yellow marker after they dried. He now somewhat resembles the 2013 version, only without the corrected bufferbeam design. I have no intention to weather them this time, and the running board will stay black unless I decide to paint them on other engines. I'm not really done refurbishing the Take Alongs yet, so I currently have a few more long term plans for them. For instance, Edward and Toby's faces are now so faded they look flesh toned.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Super

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by DalaGStanator - 01-22-2021, 08:17 PM