Candy and a Disappointment

7 Replies, 5659 Views

Received a package the other day with a bit sweet candy and a disappointment.

First:
With my penchant for anything food related I have been very interested for a long time in getting the Doraemon Hamberger Food Truck but most of the used ones that are seen in the Japan Auctions are chipped up pretty bad and the ones that are not go for a high price. Food related aside, my biggest attraction to this is the misspelling of Hamberger. When I saw this new in box set appear for a price comparable a used Food Truck in good condition by itself I pounced on it faster than a Puma.

And of course I couldn't resist a Branded Toys R Us Truck at good price.

Yes I hear you say...but Super didn't you get a new in box set of those Disney character Diecasts in your last delivery? Yes, I did...this was one of those cases where I had put in the low bid on the used set then a couple days later this new set appeared inexpensively as a Buy It Now and grabbed it hoping that someone would out bid me on the used set but no no avail. This does happen to me a lot.

Then the Disappointment...kind of:
I have been after some hard to find Motorized Tomica Road Vehicles and this is one that I haven't been able to get yet. In a Listing of Junk Tomica Diecast Cars they had some pretty poor pictures but in the corner of one I noticed what looked like the Pumper Tanker in the Circle Town Shuppo Set (talked about here Circle Town  ) I was pretty sure it was the Tanker but the pictures were not closeup or sharp of the pile of junk diecasts and enlarging them pixelated it badly so I couldn't get a good look at the condition of the Tanker. The Lot wasn't very much so why not give it a go in hopes that it is what and in good condition. It runs great and chassis and motor are fine but the condition is less that I want so the search continues. In the Listing picture I actually thought the spot on the windshield was a reflection of a flash camera but as you can see its busted.

[Image: 020.jpg]

[Image: 025.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, sunhuntin

Messages In This Thread
Candy and a Disappointment - by Super - 03-16-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: Candy and a Disappointment - by Nigels - 03-16-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: Candy and a Disappointment - by Super - 03-16-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: Candy and a Disappointment - by Nigels - 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM
RE: Candy and a Disappointment - by Super - 03-16-2019, 11:03 PM
RE: Candy and a Disappointment - by ThomasBlue - 03-17-2019, 03:31 AM