Just Getting Started

8 Replies, 6012 Views

I'm in Lancaster, PA in the US. I've done train layouts for the kids at church for a number of years now with as many as 22 trains running at the same time, from G to O to Lego. I have used a variety of scales. I'm selling most of it off. There are some incredible pieces but I'm just not into the upkeep and expense anymore, plus my basement can't hold much more! I also run Hot Wheels races for the kids. I've got about 600 feet of track. But in the midst of downsizing my trains i came across a picture of the Plarail J-24 Rail Yard. It's weird but I fell in love with that one piece. And you know how it is with Amazon, once you look at something it shows up everywhere on your screen. So I looked around some more and really fell in love with the Plarail brand. It's whimsical, but also a little exotic since it's Japanese trains. So I think I'm going to take the plunge. I'm also going to pull out the old wooden trains as well. I plan to make a modular board with them so there is an area where kids can play with the trains. Usually our display says "Please do not touch" since there are thousands of dollars worth of trains. This year I want something more interactive. I might also run some Hot Wheels track through the wooden train layout so kids can bring and race cars as well. So I'll have Plarail for a display and wooden trains for an interactive area. At least that's the plan for now...
[-] The following 3 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super

Messages In This Thread
Just Getting Started - by Engineer Bob - 05-23-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Off The Rails - 05-24-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Super - 05-24-2019, 04:51 AM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Finno - 05-24-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Engineer Bob - 05-24-2019, 12:05 PM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Super - 05-24-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Engineer Bob - 05-24-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Super - 05-24-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Just Getting Started - by Finno - 05-25-2019, 05:11 AM