Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 83299 Views

I figured I should give an update on the current state of the project. It hasn't progressed much further due to the weather getting too cold for painting after I put the primer on. However, I am contemplating replacing the closed cab with either a semi-open one ( to keep the eye mechanism) or a completely open one (eye mechanism removed, with full cab detail in the available area. I did test painting the old cab blue, but found the color to be too dark (the original Bachmann color is too light (also, looking at replica or modified HO Thomas's, everyone who does those chooses a slightly darker color as well, so it's not just me)). I don't know how much I'll be able to do over the next few months, but I will try to get it finished before next June.
In the meantime, I recommend looking at Thomas Lab's (on YouTube) custom Thomas models, because he did an awesome job of modifying the Bachmann models and he even completely scratchbuilt express coaches.
-TrainMan2001
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Backdating" Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine - by TrainMan2001 - 11-28-2019, 06:39 PM