Child Guidance / Kiddie Land Trains

28 Replies, 20992 Views

I was looking through more Child Guidance stuff on eBay and came across a few things, there's a Kiddie Land for sale with the box. I'm almost tempted but I've been spending too much on eBay lately

[Image: Screenshot-20200701-171022.jpg]

More interestingly perhaps, here's a lot of Child Guidance trains with a track style I haven't seen before (in a Child Guidance set, at least)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174035142136

Take a look:

[Image: Screenshot-20200701-132235.jpg]

Hmm, don't those connectors look familiar?

I don't really think that it is Tomy made to be honest, the molding looks pretty rough and like the type of plastic used by Child Guidance's other rails, but I've never had any Plarail track from the same time period to compare. It has the splitting problem I have seen on other CG rails, where the outer sides split away - look at the right side of the upper straight in the pile. It looks like it has sleepers molded in though. Maybe Child Guidance bought some ex-Tomy molds along with the Yuuenchi locomotives, added sleepers, and cast them with their own plastic mix? Or made their own molds by casting some early Plarail, and added them?
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • chrisjo, Super

Messages In This Thread
Child Guidance / Kiddie Land Trains - by chrisjo - 02-18-2020, 07:58 PM
RE: Child Guidance / Kiddie Land Trains - by DuckGWR - 07-01-2020, 09:20 PM