Daring derail set problem....help!

25 Replies, 30734 Views

have you tried emailing fisher-price?

a friends nephew also has a habit of taking his engines apart. as a result i no longer buy them for him for birthday or christmas, as he would always misplace one of the parts, and then expect either myself or his uncle to magic up a replacement on demand.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
I was really hoping someone could help with an inside picture because I am interested in how it will go back together. I wish I lived close as I would like to take a shot at figuring it out.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(04-10-2019, 09:08 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: have you tried emailing fisher-price?

I could I guess. I'll give that a try, but my experience with toy companies myself is that they are usually not very helpful. If they do help out though, I'll be sure to post and let everyone know!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Prime's post:
  • Super
Thanks Prime
Update....

I did email Fisher-Price. When I checked their website, they actually had a link where you could buy parts too! So I was a little encouraged that they might be helpful. It took about 2 days for them to get back to me and they sent me a link to the instructions for the Daring Derail set. I thanked them, as I thought it was nice of them to try, but I said "unfortunately, not only do I already have the set instructions, but they are not helpful as it does not tell me how that particular part is assembled on the inside" (which I stated in original email was the problem).

It's been several days since I responded and I have yet to hear back. This is kind of what I expected....not helpful :/
I found this set for a bargain AU$35 bucks but no store near me has any stock. Otherwise I could have bought it, disassembled, photographed and then returned.   Dodgy

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/thomas-f.../p/671628/

Actually found one about 30 mins away. If the website is accurate and it is still there on the weekend I will go and get it.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 08:58 AM by Super.)
Very nice of you to help out Finn, I am anxious to also see how this goes back together
(04-16-2019, 08:06 AM)Finno Wrote: I found this set for a bargain AU$35 bucks but no store near me has any stock. Otherwise I could have bought it, disassembled, photographed and then returned.   Dodgy

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/thomas-f.../p/671628/

Actually found one about 30 mins away. If the website is accurate and it is still there on the weekend I will go and get it.

That would be totally awesome of you and completely unnecessary!  But if it is a set you want and you get it at a good price, it would be greatly appreciated!

As a follow up on Fisher Price, they did get back to me and they did say they were sorry and that they did not carry that part, but they did offer to send me a different set so that my son "was not empty handed".  I thought that was very cool of them and they did not have to offer that.  I told them to donate it to charity or if they send it to me, I would donate it as my son is definitely not empty handed, lol.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 12:58 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Dr. Prime's post:
  • Finno, Super
Thats actually very nice of Fisher Price but was it a part you needed or a schematic of the insides? Thanks for updating us Doc.
No, they offered me 1 of 2 totally different sets because that set is no longer available :/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Prime's post:
  • Super