Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1134124 Views

(04-29-2017, 12:50 AM)Miksolo Wrote: and Etienne. No one likes Etienne.
[Image: 900_FBK35_4_.png]

It's because he's an electric, that's why he's 'not liked'. I never knew how discriminatory people were towards electrics.
(Then we look at the amount of tickets sold for the AEM-7 Farewell trip.)
Ok, maybe it's because he's the only electric.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
@Miksolo: When you say that no one likes Etienne, are you referring to people in the Thomas fandom? I think he's pretty cool myself and the real engine was impressive as well.

My knowledge of the teen and adult fandom is very limited since I didn't grow up with Thomas and my kids are in the "target age range" that Thomas is generally marketed towards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Ucwepn
I don't like that real steam James I could forgive the looks if I had a good experience with real steam Thomas to which I did not. It's chassis is glued together so it can't be taken apart to modify, if you open the reservoir steam section it will never seal up properly ever again and will no longer blow steam. I returned mine to the store for a refund Smile.

It appears there could be 2 versions of Merlin there, one being a transparent bodyshell on the loco and tender and the other being normal. Perhaps we could see the first limited edition "chase" engine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • ripley802
(04-29-2017, 09:41 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: It's because he's an electric, that's why he's 'not liked'. I never knew how discriminatory people were towards electrics.
(Then we look at the amount of tickets sold for the AEM-7 Farewell trip.)
Ok, maybe it's because he's the only electric.

(04-29-2017, 10:11 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: @Miksolo: When you say that no one likes Etienne, are you referring to people in the Thomas fandom? I think he's pretty cool myself and the real engine was impressive as well.

My knowledge of the teen and adult fandom is very limited since I didn't grow up with Thomas and my kids are in the "target age range" that Thomas is generally marketed towards.

Just joking, lads. Not that nobody likes Etienne, but more the fact that no one is really hyped about him anymore, and he wasn't really a character many people particularly get excited for anyway, especially since he only had one line in the entire series so far, and his only role was winning the Great Race.

Omg Real Steam James looks like it wants to die
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 11:07 PM by Miksolo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
(04-29-2017, 10:22 AM)Super Wrote: Curious...wonder why this tender has cog wheels???

I am going to guess that all three components (engine,tender,gear thing car) are all wired together and that the tender is motorized, and the gear thing spins??
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I still believe a 'Speed and Spark' James would be miles better than a 'real steam' James. Slap a shocked face (which we've seen for the range already, no real trouble making a new face there) on it and make the drive wheels translucent-black and you've got a $15 moneymaker right there!
(04-29-2017, 06:33 PM)ThomasFan3004 Wrote: Real Steam James!!
[Image: C-mR_wbWAAASC-Q.jpg:large]

One the WORST designs of James I've ever seen in my life!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes grodriguez's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(04-30-2017, 12:37 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I am going to guess that all three components (engine,tender,gear thing car) are all wired together and that the tender is motorized, and the gear thing spins??

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
Like Mattel would ever do that! The tender probably has some kinda function just like the gear-car.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
My Predictions:
Merlin: There is a gearset that spins inside Invisible Merlin's translucent tender and the spikey wheels turns that mechanism, His gear car will also have it's own wheel driven spinning gear animated action.

Thomas: His First truck which looks like a steel pouring vessel has spikey wheels and has some sort of spinning or tipping animated action.

Hurricane: Both his cauldron trucks appear to have spike wheels and will probably have some sort of spinning or tipping animated action.
[-] The following 6 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, Super, WoodWheel92
Just thinking off the top of my head, I am wondering if the toothed wheels on the rolling stock is a way to correct the Revolutions light weight cars habit of flopping around and flying off the rails going down hills and performing the tricks in some sets. Maybe this, in combination with the Revolution track, gives those cars a more gripping feature without the need to redesign the whole car. Maybe this will be the norm for all future releases. Of course this doesn't help those who run the Revolution stock on the Tomy blue track or the original Trackmaster track.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, WoodWheel92