Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1135163 Views

This is an interesting theory, Super, but I wonder why then that the little wagon at the back of Thomas' 3-pack train doesn't have geared wheels?
I'm hoping that the geared wheels do indeed do something different on Merlin. I can't imagine swapping them with regular Trackmaster wheels is easy... or possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • Super
I don't think a wheel swap is possible for the Revolution rolling stock as aren't they all one piece plastic axles and wheels?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
Good to see the reveals. I think Hurricane is the best looking of the lot, since his "obese" shape works perfectly for Revolution. For some reason, Ucwepn thought Thomas was redesigned again, but it's actually the same design. I also find it odd that his footplate is black, whereas it should be a weathered red. Merlin appears to use a special chrome silver (richer than Spencer's) that seems to give the illusion his shell is transparent. I was expecting Etienne to have the same level of detail the prototype had, but I'm pleased he doesn't have siderods, as I predicted. It would've looked wrong. I wonder if the geared wheels on Merlin's tender are meant to somehow make it change from chrome silver to clear while in motion, though it sounds too magical for a toy that will exist in real life. Also, Hurricane and Merlin appear to have sticker bufferbeams with actual, black buffers. I predict customizers will use Merlin to make Rex (like how Mike has been used to make Bert).
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2017, 07:57 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
The face on Thomas at least is new, the weathering gives an illusion of slight redesign to the body though whether it is or not we will have to wait and see, the black running plate works on this weathered version for me as it blends well with the body markings giving a very dirty look.
Now we have more

- Steelworks Hurricane
- Merlin the Invisible
- Steelworks Thomas
- Real Steam James
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
Merged the Journey beyond Sodor Trackmaster thread into this Trackmaster new release thread.
(05-01-2017, 09:39 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Merged the Journey beyond Sodor Trackmaster thread into this Trackmaster new release thread.

[Image: 1ee4c7f4d9b840538bd918f0f283f5f0.png]

why
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
This is the thread where we discuss new releases from trackmaster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • WoodWheel92
(05-02-2017, 12:17 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: This is the thread where we discuss new releases from trackmaster.

The notification is still there
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Thinking back about it, I kind of wish Lexi'd been named Morgana, and one of Hurricane's cauldron wagons been black, so we could have more references to King Arthur than the King Arthur class Merlin... the Steelworks even kind of looks like a castle from the promotional artwork!

I wonder if that's going to be a theme...

Also, did anyone notice that Merlin has two moulded-on lamps? Thought that was cool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • Ucwepn