Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1143873 Views

(06-24-2018, 08:38 AM)Super Wrote: Interesting...thanks Jdog!

Not knowing anything about the Thomas Characters, which version, this Trackmaster II or the Plarail is more representative to the actual movie? The Trackmaster II has pink wheels and the Plarail deep blue.

A bigger picture of the same.

[Image: Track_Master_Revolution_Ashima.jpg]

About time! Another delayed The Great Race character (and the one that should've been the highest priority, going by the film, but the Flying Scotsman was released instead). On topic, Ashima's wheels are supposed to be deep blue, so the Plarail version is closer in that regard. That is, unless the released TrackMaster version will use the right colour. Besides, the Take-n-Play, Adventures and Wood (not the original Wooden Railway) versions all have blue wheels. A bit disappointing how the whole thing seems to be more detailed than the Plarail one, which is incorrectly painted blue (or purple) with the pink and orange parts mostly being stickers. For example, the bunker and the front of the cab and oil tank should be pink (like the TrackMaster) with some blue/purple lining.

UPDATE: This Ashima was a Hyper Glow engine; i.e., she has blacklights underneath which illuminate the track as she runs, and her wheels are pink so they would glow in the dark. She's also the only Hyper Glow engine to look like a normal variant (a normal Ashima was later released with the correct colours).

On a side note, I've only just realised this after two years; Doesn't Ashima's face (in general) bear a slight resemblance to that of a certain belly dancer princess from a (much older) animated film about a "street rat"? Ashima's eyes in particular remind me of her now.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • mod thana, Super, WoodWheel92
Dear Mattel;
Thanks so much! That’s only about two years late.
[-] The following 4 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, mod thana, Super, Ucwepn
Thomas and Friends Toy Train Set-Big World Big Adventure Turbo Jungle Set

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, WoodWheel92
I’ve gotta say, I like these new sets! My son is genuinely excited about the Turbo engines and the Turbo Jungle set. I just wish we weren’t at the butt end of the supply chain in my part of the US. Since there’s only Target and Walmart to rely on now, I’ve been able to check both chains along the southern end of the I-55 corridor recently, all to no avail. Even the current trio of Yong Bao, Nia and Thomas with Ace are nowhere to be found!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Super, WoodWheel92
I constantly check my local Target as I work there. Alas no shipments of them yet :/
[-] The following 2 users Like WoodWheel92's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Cool WW...we got somebody workin on the inside Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Some interesting looking engines for sure, definitely interested even though I have no idea who they are (I haven't watch the last couple of specials or seasons of the show).
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Here in the US, it appears that Thomas is now only on Nickelodeon or Nick Jr after 30-odd years as a public tv staple. The only problem there is that our cable provider only offers those channels on higher tier packages while we’ve downgraded to the very minimal package. So, no new Thomas for us either!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 08:35 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
have you try watching the episodes on youtube?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I have tried to watch but I can't stand that the suspension has turned to jello worse than chuggington. I still like the toys though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super