Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1135119 Views

They should really lose those horrible spiky wheels...  Dodgy
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper
Sadly, The spiky wheels are here to stay to help the train to climb the r steep incline. To this day, I still don't know how some of you werr able to replac the spiky wheels without extensive modifications.

I like the tanker. If fisher price actually reads this thread, I hope they make brake van troublesome trucks. Use the Kenji coach casting and make some express coaches or something
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I suppose I'm missing something obvious, but how do spiky wheels on rolling stock help on inclines?
the spiky wheels works like the real trains on steep incline.  the teeth provides tractions.

instead of releasing another generic thomas, they should feature thomas covered in snow and have Terrence pull thomas out.  I personally do not like the Fat controller.  he literally look like the CGI version.  I hope he is removable from Winston.  

As for Henry is there any difference than the other Trackmaster 2 Henry?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
  • DalaGStanator
(01-17-2021, 11:27 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: the spiky wheels works like the real trains on steep incline.  the teeth provides tractions.

I'm really bad when it comes to technical stuff, so I suppose it will remain a mystery to me how the teeth on the wheels of the non-powered wagons can provide traction...  Confused
I have new "Trackmasterfisherpricemattel" Annie & Clarabel, and I noticed that those spiky wheels (beside the fact they look ugly) are just - noisy.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator
The spiky wheels were added around 2017 to allow action wagons to work without having to use actual traction tyres, which then resulted in them cutting costs and only using rounded wheels for locos and spiked wheels for rolling stock/tenders.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I understand about the spiky wheels on the locomotives.

But I repeat and endorse the wise words of Mister No when he says above that "it will remain a mystery to me how the teeth on the wheels of the non-powered wagons can provide traction..."

We're both still hoping for an explanation on that one, but not holding our breath.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
My thought on this (not official) came when this feature first started.  In the very beginning of Trackmaster II rolling stock wheels did not have the teeth and what was happening when running the trains through all the hoops, jumps and circus stunts those early sets had the trailing units were not 'tracking' behind the engines very well and would easily derail or tip when performing. This was probably due to their size and weight being a fraction of what we are use to. I think I remember seeing this in early videos. Introducing the teeth on the wheels of rolling stock and coaches alleviated is wandering and seemed to keep following the engine very nicely. I think the only ones that had teeth early on were those that performed some type movement or action within.

A relatively similar thing happens with Plarail/Tomy/Early Trackmaster can be seen when going downhill on Tomy tracks where the cars want to roll down faster than the engine. I always disliked filming trains going downhill because of this.

All of this might have been what  was being referred to as "traction" with the geared wheels. But unofficial thought was Trackmaster had to come up with a fix for the derails and the flopping around after the release of Trackmaster II.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
I don't think they are there for traction but simply so they actually spin, the plastic on plastic axle to body connection is such a poor quality that without the spikes they would simply get stuck. Also they probably only want to mould one wheel type for all rolling stock. I believe the first time I ever saw plastic axles was on fisher price Trackmaster 1 Donald and Douglas tenders.
[-] The following 6 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Super
Super, I suspect the face on the tanker can be removed.  I examined the photo carefully, i saw a ridge line.  i suspect that is where top and bottom section of the tanker can be broke up into two pieces.  

[Image: 20210117-090425.png]

It seems Canada will be one of the last places that will get this new merchandise.  It took me a long before I was able to track down Kenji at Wal mart.  I went to five different Wal mart before I could find one.  argh.
  • DalaGStanator