Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New releases

901 Replies, 1135111 Views

Hi all I thought I would start a new sticky the same as the Plarail new release thread.

So kicking it off with Mid 2015 Sodor's Legend Of The Lost Treasure (SLOTLT) "Movie Tie in's", There are 3 new TMR: Ryan, Mike and Treasure Thomas.

Ryan

[Image: ryan%201.jpg]

Mike

[Image: MIKE%201.jpg]

Treasure Thomas

[Image: CEWMjmjUIAA-Txg.jpg]
Thanks for the heads up Ucwepn

Am I the only one that wished they would have introduced these models before the Revolution line?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, Nickel, WoodWheel92
Thanks for showing these!
My opinion on them is I honestly think they look nice even the treasure Thomas and I thought that would be a complete waste. One thing I'm still wondering, why produce another Thomas model when Rex and Bert are being introduced and have no models prior.
@"Super" Yes they would have been lovely before the change the red one "Mike" looks terrible.

@"HenryNWR3" Yes quite a few have asked that question "Why another Thomas instead of Rex or Bert?" The main reasoning I can think of is: new people to the Thomas franchise will want a movie themed Thomas as he is the "Star of the show" so to speak and will lead to more purchases later on including other engines and sets etc. Fisher price are very aware of this and it is a well calculated tactic.
That is a good reasoning mr Ucwepn. I do believe that since Mike, Bert, and Rex are all so similar if they are made for the trackmaster 2 range they would have the same base mold just different colors, and faces respectfully
I do have to say that the faces in the pictures look great if they are what is on the models and that is coming from a guy that likes to deface some of these. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thank you for the pictures, @"Ucwepn"!

Ryan and Mike look great, but I hope Mike's tender wheels aren't grey; they're supposed to be black, and I don't really want to waste black enamel to fix that.

Ryan seems really detailed, and I think I might get a few of him to do some customs and then paint the sixteen ton truck. The crate seems nice.

Mike's car disappoints me; I was hoping for an Arlsedale hopper car, but I think that's too much to ask from Fisher-Price.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

I'm sorry they didn't have the hopper you were hoping for Hank. It seems as though all the rolling stock (except Flynn's, Busy Quarry Set, and Sort and Switch Set) are the same just re colored.
It's not your fault, @"HenryNWR3". It's just Fisher-Price being Fisher-Price. I do have to think that Rex and Bert might have a chance at being manufactured.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

I hope they will be. The small railway engines have always been some of my favorite engines, mainly because of listening to audio tape of Jock
[-] The following 2 users Like HenryNWR3's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Ucwepn