Yesterday 11:46 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 66
Never Again
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 11:43 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 484
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Yesterday 11:33 PM
» Replies: 595
» Views: 238187
Thomas 2021 Reboot
Last Post: GreatGordonFan
10-26-2021 04:39 AM
» Replies: 180
» Views: 15103
Finally got Talk n Action Percy British ...
Last Post: Euro2309
10-25-2021 10:11 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 355
Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New release...
Last Post: Mister No
10-25-2021 12:48 AM
» Replies: 896
» Views: 603564
Halloween Custom
10-24-2021 07:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 84
Motorized Annie & Clarabel Wheel Swap
10-23-2021 11:53 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 115
Thomas & Friends Trains & Cranes Super T...
10-22-2021 11:48 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 172
Thomas Nendoroid
10-22-2021 02:10 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1897
Flip Face Custom Percy
Last Post: Euro2309
10-21-2021 03:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 96
Yujin Thomas with pie shape in the eye
10-21-2021 02:04 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 233

The end of Thomas and friends from Plarail?
(05-09-2015, 06:17 AM)ROCKINATOR Wrote: If you step back and think, which I had all day to do, you can see that if plarail thomas gets shut down, the huge majority will go to online auctions. And in turn, TM will have to either A) hand over licensing to plarail
OR
B) TM will be shut out due to high costs and Tomy can come scoop up the licensing and restart making plarails.
OR
C) TM will hand over licensing to HIT and will end up back in TM 1 HIT toys.
So if any of these are right, this could be the sign of a start to new, better beginning

WHAT?

Do you not understand Hit is not a separate entity and neither is Trackmaster , they are all brand names owned by Mattel . If Tomy have indeed lost the license then that is it . Plarail will continue but just not manufacturing Thomas .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tootally Thomas's post:
  • Ucwepn
HiT owns Thomas and friends, right.

Mattel owns HiT so therefore owns Thomas and friends, right.

TOMY is a competitor to Mattel, Mattel would never help TOMY. (TOMY could offer to buy licensing again but Mattel will say NO)

Trackmaster will be sold internationally and in Asia in 2016, there is no room for TOMY to sell there as well so no renegotiation of the license for TOMY will occur.

Names such as Trackmaster, Fisher Price, Revolution, etc are brand names all owned by Mattel, Mattel are a huge greedy and therefore evil company (by definition)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, HankAmericanEngine
i feel sorry for plarail, i mean there are those famous japanese youtuber, i also feel sorry for those people too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JulianTheTankEngine's post:
  • fred16850
(05-08-2015, 12:27 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: I have been doing some detective work after hearing rumors that Trackmaster is going global next year (2016)

Just wondering, where were these rumours coming from? I've never seen a Thomas rumour come true.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • Super, HankAmericanEngine
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Tomy/Plarail who started the rumors to create a spike in sales? LOL...wishful thinking.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
If Tomy signed a licensing deal in 2012 then they normally last for 3 years before renewal or cancellation . So even with my mathematical skill 2012 + 3 = 2015
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tootally Thomas's post:
  • Ucwepn
^^ I agree @"Tootally Thomas", 3 years sounds about right.

@"jdogman" Not a rumor sadly but just business.

Upon Buying HiT Entertainment in 2012 Mattel would have had to honor the licensing contract between HiT and TOMY, Mattel will probably not grant TOMY the license again as the license fee is a small amount of money compared to the hundreds of millions Mattel can make by going Global with Trackmaster revolution.
Shuffling of execs at HiT/Fisher Price. Sounds ominous for the whole franchise with Fisher price taking direct control of the Thomas franchise.

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/50414
Thomas has always been part of Fisher price in the US. Try finding Thomas on the Mattel customer services site .
I wonder if Tomy, seeing this coming, will move up production of Thomas related sets and trains before the deadline. Would they not still be able to produce any trains that were released under the agreed license contract but nothing new? Wouldn't they?

Would this be one of the new sets? Strange...pretty colored trucks but they are not troublesome trucks. I would have thought all Thomas trucks would be faced.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Quite an old set . Not all trucks have faces . I have around 200 Tomy grey and black trucks and about 1/2 are faceless . Not every truck is a troublesome truck just a select few .
No even all trucks in the TVS or RWS see faced either.
More and more...Big Grin
I can't quite understand how FENBO can produce these Thomas liveried models ! Do they need to pay a licence fee to Mattel ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fenbo-Thomas-A...20f9e4a71c
(05-10-2015, 06:04 AM)plarailfan Wrote: I can't quite understand how FENBO can produce these Thomas liveried models ! Do they need to pay a licence fee to Mattel ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fenbo-Thomas-A...20f9e4a71c
Fenbo are a Chinese company, so typically wouldn't pay a licence fee to anyone, regardless of copyright etc.
I love the Chinese!!
They're like.."copyright? schmoppyright!"
"We don't need no stinking badges!!"
Yeah go ahead and sue them in a court that doesn't recognize infringement laws!!
Ha ha ha take that Fisher Price!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Ucwepn