The end of Thomas and friends from Plarail?

93 Replies, 110424 Views

Are we saying that Plarail is folding? I thought that it was just that they may not be able to renew their license to create the Thomas brand trains. Would be terrible to see them close up shop entirely. One thing I give this new Trackmaster line credit for is that they are putting out new character models very fast. I assume that is because they all have the same chassis.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • thehsvdude
(05-07-2015, 10:52 PM)Tootally Thomas Wrote: first signs of madness again .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161673038016?s...m1436.l264
Two people with no previous form on Ebay bidding against each other. Why why why?
And if you search Murdoch you will find 3 buy it now's ranging from £10 - £39.99 . And a really good website has it for £20 .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • thehsvdude
If you step back and think, which I had all day to do, you can see that if plarail thomas gets shut down, the huge majority will go to online auctions. And in turn, TM will have to either A) hand over licensing to plarail
OR
B) TM will be shut out due to high costs and Tomy can come scoop up the licensing and restart making plarails.
OR
C) TM will hand over licensing to HIT and will end up back in TM 1 HIT toys.
So if any of these are right, this could be the sign of a start to new, better beginning
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • thehsvdude
Wishful thinking? Undecided
  • MuddyPoppins
(05-08-2015, 07:17 PM)ROCKINATOR Wrote: If you step back and think, which I had all day to do, you can see that if plarail thomas gets shut down, the huge majority will go to online auctions. And in turn, TM will have to either A) hand over licensing to plarail
OR
B) TM will be shut out due to high costs and Tomy can come scoop up the licensing and restart making plarails.
OR
C) TM will hand over licensing to HIT and will end up back in TM 1 HIT toys.
So if any of these are right, this could be the sign of a start to new, better beginning

WHAT?

Do you not understand Hit is not a separate entity and neither is Trackmaster , they are all brand names owned by Mattel . If Tomy have indeed lost the license then that is it . Plarail will continue but just not manufacturing Thomas .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Ucwepn
HiT owns Thomas and friends, right.

Mattel owns HiT so therefore owns Thomas and friends, right.

TOMY is a competitor to Mattel, Mattel would never help TOMY. (TOMY could offer to buy licensing again but Mattel will say NO)

Trackmaster will be sold internationally and in Asia in 2016, there is no room for TOMY to sell there as well so no renegotiation of the license for TOMY will occur.

Names such as Trackmaster, Fisher Price, Revolution, etc are brand names all owned by Mattel, Mattel are a huge greedy and therefore evil company (by definition)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins
i feel sorry for plarail, i mean there are those famous japanese youtuber, i also feel sorry for those people too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JulianTheTankEngine's post:
  • fred16850
(05-07-2015, 01:27 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: I have been doing some detective work after hearing rumors that Trackmaster is going global next year (2016)

Just wondering, where were these rumours coming from? I've never seen a Thomas rumour come true.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Tomy/Plarail who started the rumors to create a spike in sales? LOL...wishful thinking.
  • Ucwepn