Riser/Girder Caps for Tomy Plarail / Tomica

24 Replies, 29764 Views

(06-13-2015, 04:09 AM)plarnold Wrote: I thought people were interested in these caps. :|

Now it seems as if no one is interested.

-plarnold

I am interested

If they are a dollar a piece I would buy 50 for now to support the cause Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
Sadly, because light gray is the only color risers I have the yellow caps would not look right. Like ActionChugger I would purchase a large lot of them too most likely much more than 50 if they were easily made in gray also but I understand the need for more interest to make it worth their time and material. I am curious as to why he decided to make them in the dark gray as in the Plarail Advance colored risers as these caps do not look to work with the Advance trains. The lip that holds down the track would get in the way of the train passing by this is why the tall dark gray Advance risers have no lip where the tall yellow risers do. I do appreciate your looking into this for us Plarnold and for your friends time too!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi everyone,

I have updated the first post of this thread with the new prices and more information including a Youtube video of the riser/girder caps.

Hope you all like it.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
Thanks Plarnold for taking the time to make us the video. I can't wait for all my light gray caps to arrive.
Yes, they hopefully will reach you soon! Can't wait to see your caps being used in your layout. Your layout can finally be neat. Smile

-plarnold
[Image: woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Received, very quickly I might add, a well packed box of custom made, riser caps today in light gray. They are perfect!!! They are easily installed and just snug enough for them to not come off. They are also a great way to hold down the tracks or keep them aligned. Can't wait to see if I get any comments about them in the next YouTube video.

Thank you Plarnold for bringing these to us Smile and thank you to your friend that does such a wonderful job in creating, packaging and shipping them out so quickly. Sure would like to have one of those 3D printers or have someone close by as it would be perfect to make custom parts for some Super Mods.

[Image: 002_zpsbo9fp00x.jpg]
[Image: 006_zpsuxyi7ncj.jpg]
[Image: 009_zps7tywpady.jpg]
[Image: 010_zps3oj8dgds.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin
Super, so when is your next video coming out? Big Grin

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
LOL...I hope in not too long but its Summer here and thats time for fun in the sun [Image: good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

BTW...the caps look great in the layout.
Hi Guys,

I too bought caps gray and yellow.
they are very well made and fits right!
If your tracks has a slight twist (not flat) these cap will hold them down.
I was very surprise it held them down and they look great!
Sorry I cannot show a full layout as not able to at the moment...
None of you knew that I had major surgery done, had a setback and still recovering since mid June. All I could do was shop online and snag another Red and 2 Amtrak sets, 2nd one on the way LOL Wink
Thanks Plarnold! I hope more of our members buys them.
I know I will!

[Image: 20150810.jpg]
[Image: 20150811.jpg]
[Image: 20150812.jpg]
[Image: 20150813.jpg]
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin, Super
Sorry to hear about your setback ActionChugger. Hope you are well soon and back to your old self.

Fantastic buy on the caps aren't they, and congratulations on the acquisition of more F-Units. You are the King of the F-Units!
[Image: praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins