Hello

7 Replies, 10438 Views

Hello all, im new and just wanted to introduce my self, my name is James, I am 29 and I been collecting trains for over a year now. Thanks
Hello James [Image: waving-hi-text-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing about your collection and ideas. Have any pictures you could share?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks for the welcome. Sure i can share some pictures, these are some of the sets i have. I dont have alot of space right now so i make up little set on my dresser. Hopefully these pictures are the right size.
Hello James

That is a mighty fine layout on your dresser. Just the perfect size as it fits quite a lot. Is that green indoor/outdoor carpet? It looks similar to what Ucwepn has in his layout. Are those trees HO scale or O? They look very nice. I can relate to not having much space for a large layout. When my daughter was small I bought her a Tyco HO slot car set but really had no where to put it except in the middle of the living room floor. After I got tired of tripping over it had to figure out a better place. Under her bed...I took a leftover sheet of wall paneling, cut it to fit under her bed and installed the track to it. Then, whenever we wanted to play, we simply slid it out from under the bed and the races were on. When done, the whole track just slid back under the bed ready for the next time.

[Image: good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(02-14-2014, 05:27 AM)jboggess Wrote: Thanks for the welcome. Sure i can share some pictures, these are some of the sets i have. I dont have alot of space right now so i make up little set on my dresser. Hopefully these pictures are the right size.

It's really hard doing a layout in a small space
Thanks Super, those trees are ho scale. I was looking for some trees and I didn't want to pay the price of them at the hobby store. Where these trees came from was my local donation center/thrift store. You can find some cool cheap stuff for layouts there.
Nice layout and collection! very impressive. Welcome aboard!
Great idea about finding things at the Thrift stores. I have heard a lot of stories of others who also find lots of toys and games there. I, on the other hand never have any luck and just stopped going to the one near me. I also don't have the time for visiting the Yard sales which others seem to find a lot of this stuff too. Glad you have a shop that you can find treasures in.