Rarest Plarail/Tomy Trains

279 Replies, 242747 Views

(07-31-2020, 01:39 PM)Vio Wrote: There is a very rare version of the set, I don't know the actual name:

[Image: c698408522-2.jpg]

I finally found it, it is a very rare set indeed.

[Image: mickey-box.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(08-03-2020, 05:27 PM)Super Wrote: Could it be that the German building is a representation of an exhibit building that houses these animals in a real zoo? Just thinking out loud.
The graphics on the Meitetsu Blue Liner were based on designs created by elementary school students from Inazawa City. On the right-hand side the images (monkeys and buildings) represent the Inuyama Culture Zone (Meiji Village, Little World, and Japan Monkey Park), and on the left-hand side (dolphins, sea-otters, mermaids) they represent the Minamichita/Utsumi Culture Zone (Minamichita Beach Land/Utsumi Forest Park).

The building in question is the Alsace House at Little World, which has a collection of buildings from around the world.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, violater
@Chrisjo
So was my guess right or wrong?

@Vio
 I have a set that similar to that Disney one you pictured above that has the Small World Castle no station and what probably is an older model train. Must not be as rare as yours.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
That explains it, thanks chrisjo.

The full name of the set is: プラレール たのしいディズニーランド ファンタジートレイン
Not a very common set, but still less rare than the yellow Shuppo wheels set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I don't think I have every seen the Disney train in your rare set before. The yellow wheels makes it much different. I can't make out what it says on the Tender? I do love those Mickey and Minnie post figures for the open coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Disney Rail Road

[Image: c698408522-3.jpg]

Anyway there is a Silver Plated Enoden, said to be distributed by an Enoden salesperson.

[Image: enodens-train.jpg]
https://web.archive.org/web/201412210529...N/plarail/
[-] The following 4 users Like violater's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
Is that Enoden one of a kind?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, violater
Looks legit, I have seen that sticker somewhere before.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Maybe we could we get an update on the rarest Plarail/Tomy/Trackmaster Thomas Trains. With the recent discovery of the 60th Anniversary Campaign Thomas of which 120 were made, that will take 3rd spot from the Blushing Face Thomas and push that down.
[Image: ESn-MBDUcAATNyd.jpg] But because I've been out of the game for a bit I don't know what comes after it. So maybe someone could make a current Top 10/20 list?

I'll start from what I know

1. Plarail Gold Thomas (?)
2. Plarail Silver Thomas (100)
3. Plarail 60th Anniversary Campaign Thomas/Party Flags Thomas (120)
4. Plarail Blushing Face Thomas (360)
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 09:29 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I have a list that was updated on here somewhere, that needs to be updated again...
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1