Another One I don't Recognize

12 Replies, 11700 Views

This one looks like it is related to the above but a different color variation. Listed for 9000yen so it must not be easy to get and it is called Plarail Hiroshima color KIHA 40 railcars. It does state the the gray wheels were added Smile so I assume the originals were yellow. It even has the same cutouts for couplings. Would this variation also included in a three pack or a special release?

Members Only Picture:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi Super,

The Plarail Hiroshima livery Kiha 40 was released in June 2004 as part of the "Plaroad Basic Set A" which included a single car of this train.

I found the listing for the product above. The seller has written in the description that this is a modified train set. The modifications are:
1. Yellow wheels changed to grey wheels.
2. The second car is unmotorised. The Hiroshima Livery shell from an original motorised train is taken and combined with a non-motorised chassis from another Plarail Kiha 40 product.

Basically, the seller decided to make their own two-car set because there wasn't one available officially. They did this by buying two sets of the Hiroshima train and then converting one of them to a non-motorised carriage.

I hope this helps.

-plarnold
It helps greatly, thanks Plarnold and thanks for the translation as I didn't quite get exactly what he was saying with an English translation except for the change in wheels. The modification of the second vehicle is done very nicely. He must have changed the grey part of the roof as even though it looks exactly like the motorized front tram I don't see a slot for where the switch would have been. In this picture I can now see that this shell was from a motorized one as the side clip is still there. I would have used the original motorized chassis with an old motor shell with all the innards removed as there are slots already for front and rear couplings. Wonder how he attached this shell? Your knowledge is very helpful

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]