Toy train photography gallery (post your awesome shots here)

211 Replies, 237921 Views

For real? I had no idea you had it too. I used to have Photoshop and thought similar features were only available there, though I did know the "Clouds" effect has all the same options the Layer Properties have. I only recently found out they were also in Paint.NET (albeit more limited, for obvious reasons) when I made some edits of screenshots and illustration scans. In case other users would like to do it, here's a tutorial showing the methods I used:

[Image: Headlight-Effect-Step1.png][Image: Headlight-Effect-Step2.png][Image: Headlight-Effect-Step3.png][Image: Headlight-Effect-Step4.png]

Naturally, the values are up to the editor to decide according to the image's needs; mess with them until they give the right look. The last three steps are optional, but were added for a little more realism. Alternatively, what's before the model/behind it could be illuminated by a light source within the photo (like a torch [flashlight] facing a vehicle with only its lights edited).

[Image: Headlight-Effect-Step5.png][Image: Headlight-Effect-Step6.png][Image: Headlight-Effect-Step7.png]

Final result:

[Image: Headlight-Effect-Result.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toy train photography gallery (post your awesome shots here) - by DalaGStanator - 12-26-2022, 04:49 PM