Toy train photography gallery (post your awesome shots here)

211 Replies, 237989 Views

I shot two new pieces for a Thomas fan art challenge (not "contest") called Sodorgust that made its debut this year. It was started on Twitter by Orbonom, who plans to hold it annually. Like Inktober, he gave 31 prompts for each day of August and waited to see what other fans would come up with. The only rule was the content had to be Thomas related (including things like original characters), meaning any form of media was allowed. Of the eight submissions I've made, only these two belong here.

[Image: 4148673-A-E638-4076-BBC1-2-A22119-AF639.png]

Day 6 - "Old". This one recreated the chase scene from "Old Iron", and not (just) due to the episode's title. Its plot deals with ageism and looking down on people or things for reasons beyond their control, and sets an unforgettable example of Edward's willpower and sheer selflessness. Like in my previous photos here, Edward and James' faces were edited to resemble their expressions in the OG shot. The inspector who helped slow James down with the shunter's pole and rope was drawn and shaded along with the other edits. Been a while since I last tried to add a non vehicle character into a photo like this while shading them so they could blend in. That said, I did draw the pole incorrectly as well as the way he holds it.

[Image: 3757-FF94-13-BA-4-BC1-80-C0-E416263-B4340.png]

Day 17 - "Race". a recreation of "Thomas and Bertie", though it could also depict any other episode where they race each other. I chose it due to it being the first race in the franchise and found a good opportunity to improve my smoke/steam effects. I'm currently still better at lights, though it looked more convincing compared to the "Old Iron" shot. (Very mild) Motion Blur was applied by copying and pasting the whole image and removing the other blurred parts. I could've done "Percy and Harold" for the challenge of making Harold seem to be flying, but "Thomas and Bertie" felt more iconic to me.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023, 07:53 PM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super, Tharazero1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toy train photography gallery (post your awesome shots here) - by DalaGStanator - 09-04-2023, 07:38 PM