Another Variation I Have Not Seen Before

9 Replies, 9804 Views

Here is a variation of a Kiha 181 Series Train I have not seen before. Not a big fan of those colors especially with yellow wheels but by the looks of the box this may have been released back in Tomy's Yellow Wheel Era. Gray wheels would look better with the trains colors. Another thing that looks odd is that there is no detailed paint or stickers. So the overall look of this train is bland. If I didn't see it come out of its box I would have swore this was a custom paint job. They list it as a China Model, could this be a limited Tomy release for China only and could there be a real train that this color scheme was modeled after? Mind you I don't want one of these but I am very curious as to information on it. I love the look of the 3 color schemes of the Kiha 181's that I know of but this one.... [Image: shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon.gif]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Oh I don't know Super, it's quite cute in a 'girly' way, would go well with those who put together layouts to appeal to girls rather than boys Smile

In fact to be honest I quite like it myself, apart from the yellow wheels, it really needs some nice teal coloured ones Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Kind of matches your Avatar Nigels.
(11-23-2015, 10:18 PM)Super Wrote: Kind of matches your Avatar Nigels.

I suppose it does at that, I'm thinking of creating a Minions express as I got a load of the little minions that were being shipped in Kinder eggs recently and the dupes I'm sure would love a little train ride lol!

Maybe I could use the PlaRail Wilson (Chuggington) which turned up in the post today Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
There are two reasons for this:
1: Hot Wheels cars. There are lots of three peat cars, but there are a few kinds that have 4 or 5 different paint schemes.
2: Maybe a female/ girl's variation on the train. Hey, Lionel did it, but that failed, so it is rare to find the original model.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
We have some pretty knowledgeable members here and hopefully one will come along with the real information.
i like the girly colors and have bought some trains for that exact reason [rapit peach being one] but in saying that, most girls dont seem to care if im running pink or whatever, and the boys dont seem bothered either.

as for the wheels, on a train like that, the gaudier the better!!

i really, really want this set, but refuse to pay that much for one train. i would also love to buy wheels in different colors and be able to swap them out... pink, green, red, blue, orange, purple... Big Grin
http://www.jauce.com/auction/c535407351
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
I have seen other videos on this persons channel and it looks like many of the "China Model" trains are pretty plain with no detailing like painted headlights and such even though the Plarail Japanese versions are detailed. They kind of look like someone just used some spray paint and covered up the detail that was there.
You answered alot of your own questions in you original post Super. It is one of six Chinese exclusive Plarails, that did not do well in China and thus are very rare. I own one new in the box. There are no real life trains with the color schemes used for this very short lived line of trains. These are highly sought after in Japan because they were never sold there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Thanks Geris

I can see why they didn't go over well in China as they are so ho hum looking. Wonder if they were contracted to do a line like these for the China market and all they did was spray their Japanese trains with a pretty much solid color or two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1