Super's Mod's, Customs, Layout's & Video's 👍

420 Replies, 524841 Views

Crazy for Customs Pt 1 of 3

Crazy for Customs is of all our customized, modified trains. Every one of these 18 Engines have been physically modified in one way or another. From smokebox doors to complete customs. I broke this up into 3 videos so as not to bore you. Part 1 & 2 will show the trains in action and Part 3 will be a slideshow with still pictures and an explanation of what was done with each in the description box below the video. For now I will leave you with the names of these customs

Union Pacific
Purple People Eater
CSX
Salt Substitute
Hybrid Diesel
Grey Ghost
Skyliner
Amtrak
Santa Fe Super Chief
First Responders Tribute Train
Too Black
The Menace
B & O Diesel
Was-A-Whiff
Polar Express
Mr. Werx
Hard Boiled
ConRail

Stay tuned for Part 2
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, ripley802, Ucwepn
Amazing layout and customs Super. Very nice job..
Nice Super!
Love those girder caps. makes the tracks look neat. Cool
Evan wants your blue monorail. DodgyBlush
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • plarnold
Thanks fellas

Yes, those girder caps are great and one of my most favorite purchases and pieces of the layout. (thanks Plarnold) I agree with Evan, the blue (Resort Express) Monorail is my favorite. I will be listing the Yellow one on Ebay eventually and just keep the blue and the red ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • plarnold
Very nice as always!
This really neat. I agree with all or the posts above this one.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
So much grey!

I always meant to ask, where do you get the grey slope rails?

-plarnold
The grey sloped rails are the culmination of a couple of years worth of diligently watching the Japan Auctions when they appear. I don't know where these are from or if these came with any other sets as I have never seen any. There is only one set that I know that one, 17" , straight grey sloped rail came with and where I picked up several of them on the Ebay USA. The set pictured below came in two release's that were exactly the same except one was released with grey track and the other blue track. Below is a picture of the box with grey tracks and one with blue. I think the grey track one may have been a Tomica World USA release and the blue tracked set may have been a Tomica World UK release although I am not entirely sure of that. Whats also neat about the grey set is that it includes 4 "A" sloped Curves. I have never seen these anywhere else besides this set. Unfortunately I have never seen any "B" Curved Sloped rails offered anywhere. If anyone knows they exist please let me know. Also grey track came in the rare Tomica World USA Blue F-Unit Set but I can't remember if that had any slopes or just was a flat loop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Do you still have that RC train?

-plarnold
We have had 5 sets of these Remote Controlled Trains at different times. I would buy them up whenever I saw one selling for a decent price on Ebay. We kept one for ourselves and have sold the other 4 after switching out the grey tracks with blue.