08-16-2019 02:14 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 320
Nice Customs AN AN & YIN LONG
Last Post: Super
08-16-2019 07:08 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 187
How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are The...
Last Post: Super
08-14-2019 12:48 PM
» Replies: 48
» Views: 10676
New Plarail from Outside of Japan
Last Post: leylandvictory2
08-14-2019 11:30 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 141
Just Showed Up at My Door
Last Post: Nigels
08-14-2019 07:46 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 141

Super's Mod's, Customs & Layout
Looking great Super, just goes to show that if you take your time you can come up with some great ideas. Now you just need some street lamps/flood lights in some parts to really bring it to life Smile

Are there any military type motorised Tomy vehicles? Just thinking it may make it really nice if you had a road running up to your military camp preferably with some military vehicles on it Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Oh...there will be more lights and such that you can be sure. Might have to build an Electrical Power Plant to generate enough electricity. Those things along with the landscaping, are some of the last to be erected in the Layout to determine the best places. There are some things already there but stay tuned. I figure I may have another month or two depending on time and how many changes or custom work it may take even longer before I get to the Layouts first video.

I don't recall any Tomy Military trains or motorized vehicles but that could be remedied with some paint and decals. but I could be wrong
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Those are some great additions! The patio for the McDonald’s is cool and I really like those tough to find street lights.

I’m really liking the military base because I’ve had something similar in the works. At one point, we even bought a couple of those twin gunned Bradley-like vehicles before I changed direction and went with a platoon of slightly bogus looking IMEX Leopard 1 tanks. Now, my challenge is to find some Plarail or Trackmaster flatcars to carry the darn things! On a related note, I also really like those missile carriers you have. May I ask who makes them?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Thanks OTR

To answer your question...Hot Wheels.
  • Off The Rails
Thanks! With a bit of research, I found several variations of this vehicle along with a similar gun tank called Big Bertha and a turreted M113 style APC. Hmmm.... I might need to add some stuff to my armed forces!
[Image: tank.gif]   Might As Well!   
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, Finno
I know its slow but having so much enjoyment. Working on scenery, lighting and landscaping. I have to get a better camera.

[Image: 014.jpg]   [Image: 015.jpg]   [Image: 016.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Off The Rails
That’s looking great Super! I love all the scenic additions that really give it a good mix between toy trains and model railroad layouts.
  • Super
Yes! That is looking awesome!
It looks like you've been really having fun!?I I I I LOVE the tunnel bridge with it actually spanning across deep open space( or is it on the extreme edge of the table?)...very dramatic.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Super
@Super-
I noticed several rock formations or rocky hills on the layout. Did you construct these yourself or did you buy them? Also, what material did you use for water?
  • Super
Good questions OTR

Bringing the Layout off the floor and onto tables really pronounced how 'flat' it is. I wanted to figure out some way to easily bring different elevations around the landscape to give it more 'definition'. I did look into creating formations myself but I didn't want to spend all the time learning a new craft and the hours of trial and errors it would take to bring cool looking results. So the answer would be... find someone that custom makes pieces themselves and they can be found on Ebay. Look under Tabletop Wargaming Terrain Scenery. I looked for ones made of foam and completely finished. There are some makers that use 3D printed Terrain pieces that you finish yourself but I didn't want to go that route. The artist I bought all the rock formations will even do special orders. I would love for her to make rocky slopes to would fit perfectly under the Tomy sloped rails that would be neat,

If you are referring to the water pond, which I still have to vegitate, it was made with Model Train Scenery Sheets also available on Ebay.
  • Off The Rails
Thanks for the information, Super! I’m familiar with the techniques for making styrofoam terrain but I had never thought of buying it ready made. I’ll definitely have to look in to that!

The water sheets are another thing I’ve had difficulty finding. It’s less messy than the various liquid compounds or art supply materials like gloss medium or Mod Podge. On the other hand, the clear or blue tinted plastic sheets are sometimes shockingly expensive if you can find them through hobby shops and online retailers. Some, like Plastruct, seem to only be available in relatively small (say 3x5 inch) sheets for those shocking prices!
  • Super
The water sheets I have are just flat sheets, not 3D and are 8.5x11 and come in 5 packs for relatively cheap in my opinion. They have tons of different scenery sheets from water to bricks, stone anything. The sheets are supposed to be seamless to where the patterns match from one sheet to the next. Let me know if you are interested in the sellers. I had just ordered a pack of a darker blue water as I think what I have may be too blue.

Are there sellers out there that sell like a 3 dimensional rubber like water sheets?